What's new

The Norm Appears Distant -- The Advantage is YOU!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Übertreffen

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
172
Rep Bank
$505
User Power: 73%
Customer service can make or break you. The more and more I give businesses the opportunity, the expectancies of even the norm diminish.

While there are businesses that stand out and make an impression, it's astonishing to know that most clearly do the absolute bare minimum. Whether it's sheer laziness or any excuse under the sun, some businesses encountered are so profit driven that you're just another number.

I'm very easy to please but maybe my normal expectations are higher than most as I have always bent over backwards for most customers. Answering customers in minutes, even to international customers. I could have hundreds or even thousands of messages on a daily basis and all would be answered.

Notice I said most and not all customers. I used to please all but not everyone has the best intentions. While it's a shame, the sooner you realize this, the less time you'll waste on those trying to screw you.

That's not to say you have to do it all yourself. I made the mistake of doing everything myself in the past as I knew it would get done the way it needs to get done. However, delegation with the right team can be the best decision you will ever make. Let's save that for another discussion.



I think many look too far into their next opportunity in an excuse of delaying actual process. There are many businesses, and at times, industries that just plain suck at customer service. That is where YOU come in. Take that frustrated experience to your advantage.

You can have the best product and if you treat people like garbage, people will not return. There's some exceptions but without customers, your business is nothing. If you can get just one customer, and your product is mediocre at best but you treat your customers like gold, you may surprise yourself how far you can take it or how fast it can scale.



Going just that extra mile can keep your brand in your customers mind. Repeat business is strong and can lead to unexpected deals that you would have never thought would happen.

Not only does doing something out of the ordinary stick to people's minds, but it makes such an impression that leads your customers to spread the word for you. Word of mouth has allowed all of my company's to grow rapidly. I hardly do any outside advertising outside of techniques that I've used for years. Service businesses I have found can run solely on word of mouth.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom