The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane, Polish Edition

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
That's so awesome. What's even cooler is the Google translation of that page: "When I built my company, my system and my deputy, I was this dedicated. Renounced alcohol meetings with friends, lived in a tiny apartment, ate cheap noodles for lunch and dinner." Strange how Google translation can seem to carry the inflection and cadence of foreign language speakers speaking English. PS. Polish women are beautiful, and the Empire of Poland was renowned for their cavalry... what's not to like???

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
Awesome!
I've learned so much about licensing and royalties from the Shark Tank :coolgleamA:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
As I'm polish I can say your book is highly appreciated in Poland. This country is on the rise in europe and polish people are very modest, because the last 20-30 have been very bad for us - now things slowly start to get better year by year. In hard times people need even more every good piece of education.

You definately deserve lots of reputation and the people releasing it in poland deserve my respect, too.

Speed+

Robert Zebala

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Nov 16, 2012
Krakow, Poland
As I'm polish I can say your book is highly appreciated in Poland.
I so much agree with you.
In Poland 401(k) has only been around for 15 odd years.
So we did not have sad stories like in US where financial crisis wiped out 60% value of some pensioners funds.
TMF will be a huge eye-opener for those in Poland who believe in the mantra "save for 50 years to retire rich".

MJ, you have a chance to become a nightmare of pension fund managers in Poland:smxB:

Andrewkar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 10, 2012
yep, this is one of the best books for many Polish young couples living on bank's money...

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
I read it in english. Well, the Polish title made me off this book - Polish-english... Completely without any sense... The translation like "higway to milion" would be much better... You know, all the languages things, what sound good in one does not good sound in another.
Done by some of the new-age nlp marketers who said on the big forum "get out of your job"...
Well... This is not good info for you MJ for these people to ad your book, but, well, this is only my opinion.

I liked your book, however, for me the true value is here on the forum, and, for me, the most valuable thing i found in the book was a motivation kick and link to this forum ;)

So, whatever you guys think, if in the book you will find at least once sentence whichnwill open your mind and influence you future actions, it is worth reading. For me was, but i suppose for other reasons than for others.

Andrewkar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 10, 2012
I read it in english. Well, the Polish title made me off this book - Polish-english... Completely without any sense... The translation like "higway to milion" would be much better... You know, all the languages things, what sound good in one does not good sound in another.
Done by some of the new-age nlp marketers who said on the big forum "get out of your job"...
Well... This is not good info for you MJ for these people to ad your book, but, well, this is only my opinion.

I liked your book, however, for me the true value is here on the forum, and, for me, the most valuable thing i found in the book was a motivation kick and link to this forum ;)

So, whatever you guys think, if in the book you will find at least once sentence whichnwill open your mind and influence you future actions, it is worth reading. For me was, but i suppose for other reasons than for others.
Yep, that's right unfortunately. I have even started to translate it myself and have gone up to 90 pages or so. Lack of time won't allow me to go faster. It's one of the best books about the business and it's sad that some dickhead destroyed it soo much.

MJ, you have to get it straight ASAP.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well, the Polish title made me off this book - Polish-english... Completely without any sense... The translation like "higway to milion" would be much better... You know, all the languages things, what sound good in one does not good sound in another.

MJ, you have to get it straight ASAP.

I'm afraid I'm having trouble interpreting. Are you saying the publisher of the Polish edition did not do a good job?

Andrewkar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 10, 2012
I'm afraid I'm having trouble interpreting. Are you saying the publisher of the Polish edition did not do a good job?
Hey MJ,

Yes, translation sucks. I'm not sure but it looks like they gave it to someone (translator) who never read the original version. It's not good.

Krzysztof

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 20, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
I've read the Polish version. The book seemed to make perfect sense and be rather clear, but as I haven't read the original, I have nothing to compare it against. Are you guys saying that I'm missing out on something and should get an English copy as well?

PS. I agree the title should be translated better, e.g. "Autostrada milionera", "Autostrada do miliona" or something like that.

G

Guest12120

I bought a polish edition and gave it to my brother to read. He said that the translation was ok. No complaints. I agree the title could be translated better though.

jarecki

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 22, 2013
Warsaw
I've read the original TMF in English, and then I had a look on the Polish version. It was a... NIGHTMARE!

The interpreter who was hired definitely didn't read the whole book before and he didn't thought much on embracing the specific feel of MJ's book and forging it into a potent valuable book that the original TMF is.

I've never read something more ugly traslated that wasn't pulled straight from Google Translate (yes, it's that level of quality).

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
PS. I agree the title should be translated better, e.g. "Autostrada milionera", "Autostrada do miliona" or something like that.

That was one of my problem with the Hungarian edition, it sounded a bit weird (I haven't read the book thought, just read some pages in a book shop) :p
In my opinion the English version is the best :)

Arek Skubida

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 3, 2018

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Hey @MJ DeMarco are there any polish copies left? Clicked on the link and it goes to some other page. Not sure what happened to the domain. I have about 6-7 of my workers that want anything that was translated in polsk

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey @MJ DeMarco are there any polish copies left? Clicked on the link and it goes to some other page. Not sure what happened to the domain. I have about 6-7 of my workers that want anything that was translated in polsk

I wish I knew. The publisher has ghosted me and has failed to comply with the terms of the contract for years.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I wish I knew. The publisher has ghosted me and has failed to comply with the terms of the contract for years.
damn. sorry to hear that. maybe one of these polish folks on the forum can solve this problem? :)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

This isn't even a real publishing company. Unfortunately I can confirm that you were scammed by some random dude pretending to be a regular publishing house. He is (or was) a sole proprietor. No reputable publishing house chooses this structure. Seems like he published some academic books about geology and surveying but nothing else. The comments above about the translation quality only confirm his lack of experience.

Right now both the gall.pl and the fastlane.com.pl are PBN sites for SEO. They have random articles leading to articles on other websites, most likely for the clients' websites. None have any mention of your book.

You could take him to court and regain translation rights but it's probably not worth it. Does your contract expire after several years?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You could take him to court and regain translation rights but it's probably not worth it. Does your contract expire after several years?

He has no rights any longer after years of default.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Please SEARCH before posting.