The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

FORUM NEWS The Millionaire Fastlane, Japanese Edition

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
It's coming...

Will post updates when I get them.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
"Please Santa... make this book available in Portuguese, i promise i'll behave better next year" :smxD:

:D

treinjapan

Contributor
Apr 8, 2012
As a foreign entrepreneur working in Japan, I would be REALLY interested to see if this works, and very not-shocked if it didn't....Japanese people are pretty resistant to things they're uncomfortable with.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
Yes this will be very interesting. I remember in my international classes them saying Japan and China basically have business and leadership down. Nice experiment to see how they respond. :)

BookwormMitch

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2014
I’d be interested to know how it went over there, I’m not sure how similar Korean culture is to japanese, they’re pretty close countries and my Korean friend made it sound very similar, but it was cool to know how well unscripted did in korea

Raveling

Contributor
Jul 14, 2019
Yup, as a society, the Japanese imperial house is the oldest and longest contiguous ruling familial monarchy in history ( since 660 B.C. according to Wikipedia ), so they've had time to learn and master social engineering and mechanisms of compliance.

There's a Japanese saying :

"The nail that stands out, gets pounded down."

As a rule, Japanese workers are utterly subservient and unquestioning of their bosses and companies, the unfortunate side effect for employees is that they're often exploited, even to the point of criminality by companies, especially large ones.

It's the only language I'm aware of that has a specific word for death from overwork, Karoshi.

It's exactly WHY I want anyone close to me here to read MJ's book. One friend MAY be open to the paradigm shift, another... is so entrenched in their Japanese way, I doubt she'd even be willing to read it even if I paid her to:-?

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Please send me a link, I have Japanese friends who should read it
The translation is no longer active -- you can Google search for it in Japanese as there might still be copies somewhere...

BTW: This was my first lesson in translation rights: Sell licenses to experience publishers, not raw entrepreneurs excited about the book.

Raveling

Contributor
Jul 14, 2019
The translation is no longer active -- you can Google search for it in Japanese as there might still be copies somewhere...

BTW: This was my first lesson in translation rights: Sell licenses to experience publishers, not raw entrepreneurs excited about the book.
Thanks for your reply MJ, I'm sorry to hear that:-?

Does that mean only hard copies will be available?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Does that mean only hard copies will be available?
I have no idea what's available as I haven't heard from the publisher in years. The license has lapsed.

Raveling

Contributor
Jul 14, 2019
Thanks MJ, please ping me in the unlikely event you learn where/how I can get my paws on Japanese edition

Raoul Duke

I'm not going to live by their rules anymore.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
Thanks MJ, please ping me in the unlikely event you learn where/how I can get my paws on Japanese edition

Raveling

Contributor
Jul 14, 2019
Bless you, Raoul!!!:p Is it actually the JAPANESE Edition? My friend's English isn't near being up to the task of understanding this book in English. She's brilliant, but not that strong in English.

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Is it actually the JAPANESE Edition?
That isn't the Japanese edition. The Japanese edition actually is 2 books and it looks nothing like the US version.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom