The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lazy cold caller journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

cabcaz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 10, 2016
Hey guys so I know I am not the only person out there who wants to make calls but just cant bring themselves to make them or quit after a few calls.

Well this is a simple journey into making 100 calls a day/ 500 calls a week. I normally bail out after 20. calls a day. The plan is to start with 40 calls and increase volume by a minimum 10% every day until I reach 100. Once I get to 100 I'd reset my target.

My market

My calls are to HR managers helping them find candidates by placing their vacancies on numerous job sites. They save hundreds in costs for a small fee. My profit margin will be $199 per deal. It going to be tough slug as this is a cut throat industry and to make decent wage I need no less than 5 sales a week.

Tomorrows goal (28th Feb)

40 calls
1 lead

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I think you are putting too much pressure on yourself with only 40 calls and 1 lead but good luck! I know it is tough to make those calls. My friend who is no a pharmacist graduated with top honors and before she studied she always did a shot of vodka... it couldn't hurt to try it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Why not make your goal results oriented instead of volume oriented?

This week: 1 lead per day average.
Next week: 1.5 lead per day average.
Week after: 2 lead per day average.

If you have your mind set on volume, you'll be subconsciously happy to get off an uncomfortable call to get to the next call to hit your 100. If you set your goal on results, you'll make every call count because you just need that ONE call to work. And if your goal is results oriented - it doesn't matter how many calls per day you make because the goal is results oriented. If it takes you 20 calls, it takes you 20. If it takes you 200, then it takes you 200. The goal is the result, not the volume.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Why not make your goal results oriented instead of volume oriented?

This week: 1 lead per day average.
Next week: 1.5 lead per day average.
Week after: 2 lead per day average.

If you have your mind set on volume, you'll be subconsciously happy to get off an uncomfortable call to get to the next call to hit your 100. If you set your goal on results, you'll make every call count because you just need that ONE call to work. And if your goal is results oriented - it doesn't matter how many calls per day you make because the goal is results oriented. If it takes you 20 calls, it takes you 20. If it takes you 200, then it takes you 200. The goal is the result, not the volume.

I think the main goal for @cabcaz right now is not necessarily closing, but getting comfortable with the cold call. Taking the volume approach will get him comfortable on the phone a lot faster. Adding efficiency and skill can come after building that comfort.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Crexty

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 2, 2018
Arizona
Hey there!

I do lots of cold calling, door to door (somewhat) and lots of business where the interaction almost always starts as cold. Unless they are coming to me.. (25% of the time).

You should look at an autodialer like close.io, I used to be the same with cold calls but when the autodialer gets going and as soon as a call ends, a new one begins. This makes you think like "I might as well finish this one", and then it just continues

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.