The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Latte Factor... smh

Chiara GB.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Feb 19, 2019
Zurich, Switzerland
Dear all

Today as I'm working from home, I was taking the time to brows through the news here in Zurich, Switzerland (land of the banks, smh). The first topic I see is what??? The Latte Factor of David Bach applied from a young woman who's 35, that tracked for 2 years (!) the little expenses she had having one latte a day... smh... seriously?

She kept tracking all little take away expenses and came to the conclusion that she would have saved up over 10000 swiss francs (almost equivalent to US dollar) a year. And she could have OF COURSE used it to invest the money... in you know already what way... MJ's book says it all.

Then the comments followed... and after having read 2/3 of MJ's book The Fastlane, I was very concerned of what I was reading in this comments left... Out of all of this Swiss (usually very money aware people) only 1 made the same reasoning MJ did in his book. Using the 40 years, saving up 10% etc. for what? For me not even seeing the day, because I might not be here anymore?

I'm shocked, really shocked to see how many people believe this BS over here... I'm glad I do not belong to them anymore... :)

Just wanted to share this as this mentality seem to be a real epidemic disease...

Wishing you all a productive day!

Kindest regards,
Chiara :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
The world is a different place once the blinkers have been removed.

It's a mindset shift most are not privileged enough to have experienced. The trouble is for many they wouldn't thank you if you tried to educate them. And for many more the advice would fall on deaf ears anyway.

At the end of the day we are all different and all must take our own path in life as we see fit.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Dear all

Today as I'm working from home, I was taking the time to brows through the news here in Zurich, Switzerland (land of the banks, smh). The first topic I see is what??? The Latte Factor of David Bach applied from a young woman who's 35, that tracked for 2 years (!) the little expenses she had having one latte a day... smh... seriously?

She kept tracking all little take away expenses and came to the conclusion that she would have saved up over 10000 swiss francs (almost equivalent to US dollar) a year. And she could have OF COURSE used it to invest the money... in you know already what way... MJ's book says it all.

Then the comments followed... and after having read 2/3 of MJ's book The Fastlane, I was very concerned of what I was reading in this comments left... Out of all of this Swiss (usually very money aware people) only 1 made the same reasoning MJ did in his book. Using the 40 years, saving up 10% etc. for what? For me not even seeing the day, because I might not be here anymore?

I'm shocked, really shocked to see how many people believe this BS over here... I'm glad I do not belong to them anymore... :)

Just wanted to share this as this mentality seem to be a real epidemic disease...

Wishing you all a productive day!

Kindest regards,
Chiara :)
If you can do away with expenses that are not necessary, in favour of using the cash for more useful things, by all means do it.

Saving money and reducing expenses is legit. You'll need to do that with a business, especially when some slow months come.

There are worse things than skipping lattes, you know...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And the "stop drinking coffee" hypocrites drink champagne. The more idiots they convert, the more expensive their champagne.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
It is true that if you follow their method of "wealth", you must skip the coffee. Good thing there are ways to have your latte and drink it too.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I would skip the lattes if I needed the money for rental properties, or to put into my own bootstrap business. But of course, when people write these kinds of articles, the lattes aren't the point. The real point is they want to sell their investment products, and they figure if they can deprive you of lattes they'll get the commission on 10,000 franks worth of mutual funds or whatever.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
The world is a different place once the blinkers have been removed.
Ain't that the truth. I've "known" for years that something wasn't right. Then I read MJ's books. Now that I understand what's wrong, I see it everywhere.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.