The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Insignificant Journal of LuckyOreo

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

luckyoreo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 25, 2016
The purpose of this thread is record the ups and downs of starting an internet based business. My business is fairly simple. It's a place where many people in my niche can gather and learn. I'm starting out this business as an instructor and it's been fun so far.

What caused me to start this was in the past I ran a little community and through word of mouth I seemed to grow pretty quickly. Too quickly. In fact, I didn't enjoy managing and it didn't feel professional. So after a couple months of taking a break, I decided to launch my website and business.

It's been really fun, challenging, and it's pushed my creativity.

One of my main goal for this year is to be detached from the educational side of the business. I would like to expand my business through social media, getting other instructors onboard, and allowing people to learn from a wide variety of instructors as well as develop relationships with them.

A lot to do for the last month of this year. But hey at least it's invigorating.

Welcome to the Insignificant Journal of LuckyOreo

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Schwartz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 22, 2016
United States
The purpose of this thread is record the ups and downs of starting an internet based business. My business is fairly simple. It's a place where many people in my niche can gather and learn. I'm starting out this business as an instructor and it's been fun so far.

What caused me to start this was in the past I ran a little community and through word of mouth I seemed to grow pretty quickly. Too quickly. In fact, I didn't enjoy managing and it didn't feel professional. So after a couple months of taking a break, I decided to launch my website and business.

It's been really fun, challenging, and it's pushed my creativity.

One of my main goal for this year is to be detached from the educational side of the business. I would like to expand my business through social media, getting other instructors onboard, and allowing people to learn from a wide variety of instructors as well as develop relationships with them.

A lot to do for the last month of this year. But hey at least it's invigorating.

Welcome to the Insignificant Journal of LuckyOreo
Look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck.

luckyoreo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 25, 2016
Okay so things I need to get done today.

I need to message potential instructors.

One thing that I continuously ask myself is... "What about profiting off of this business?". The answer is always "I'm not really providing value right now so it's pretty useless thinking about profit right now."

I'm still in the midst of building my company right now and I don't want this company to just be a quick way to get money from my clients into my pockets. It has to be much more than that and it is much more than that.

So today I'm going to be messaging potential instructors.

luckyoreo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 25, 2016
Okay so a little update on the progress of the company. So I got in contact with an instructor and he agreed to put out a couple courses for the website.

Estimated time of content completion will be around Christmas and that's fine. Along with the courses, I'll be looking to get the new instructor to put out weekly blog posts for the website.

I can start to work on the website and social media campaigns (not ads) that I'm running.

I'll be removing some features on my website and this will be a project. I currently have a forum on the website as well as one feature that's for the community for free. I will be removing that and looking for a way to implement a better community area.

This should all be done BEFORE content completion. I do not want to be messing around with the website when ease of use is the most important aspect in keeping members. This is how I see it. Members easily sign up. Easily access content once logged in. Will probably come back.

That's it for the update.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.