The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The importance of a morning ritual

Anything related to matters of the mind

SpartanWarrior77

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 3, 2016
Hey guys,

This morning I felt like not doing my morning ritual which has been happening quite a bit recently. I still do it for the most part though. Sometimes when you do something a lot and without remembering your WHY, your motivation starts to die down.

So instead of giving into the temptation of skipping my morning ritual, I decided to write a post about the importance of it in order to re-connect to my WHY and inspire some of you to do the same:

My morning ritual usually contains 2-3 components:

#1 Movement

When you spend some time (usually around 10 minutes) getting the body warmed up, you release hormones and neurotransmitters that increase cognitive function, mood, and more. This is key to stay in a good state throughout the day. Otherwise, the feeling when you first wake up is usually a bit stiff and still sleepy.

#2 Meditation and/or silence

The mind is like a garden and I like to spend the first part of the day "gardening" aka clipping parts that I don't need out and nurturing parts that I do want more of. This takes place with visualization, concentration development such as breath counting, positive self-talk and more. Do not crowd out your mind with the ideas of others unless it's through reading. Watching overly stimulating Youtube videos and such is not the greatest way to start the day IMO. This is also a good time to think about how you want to spend your time during the day AKA planning.

#3 Hydration and shower

Just getting hydrated (lemon + water + salt) is a good one. Also taking a shower decreases stress.

Conclusion

The morning ritual is a sacred practice that can truly make or break your day. I know some of you just want to jump in to your tasks and start doing shit BUT a strong morning ritual is what will keep you centered and responsive instead of reactive. To just jump in to shit and skip morning ritual will most likely result in emotional ups and downs very quickly because the act of just jumping in is often stemming from impatience rather than anything more meaningful AKA you're just being impulsive and lack self-discipline.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JWM

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 14, 2018
Australia
Hey guys,

This morning I felt like not doing my morning ritual which has been happening quite a bit recently. I still do it for the most part though. Sometimes when you do something a lot and without remembering your WHY, your motivation starts to die down.

So instead of giving into the temptation of skipping my morning ritual, I decided to write a post about the importance of it in order to re-connect to my WHY and inspire some of you to do the same:

My morning ritual usually contains 2-3 components:

#1 Movement

When you spend some time (usually around 10 minutes) getting the body warmed up, you release hormones and neurotransmitters that increase cognitive function, mood, and more. This is key to stay in a good state throughout the day. Otherwise, the feeling when you first wake up is usually a bit stiff and still sleepy.

#2 Meditation and/or silence

The mind is like a garden and I like to spend the first part of the day "gardening" aka clipping parts that I don't need out and nurturing parts that I do want more of. This takes place with visualization, concentration development such as breath counting, positive self-talk and more. Do not crowd out your mind with the ideas of others unless it's through reading. Watching overly stimulating Youtube videos and such is not the greatest way to start the day IMO. This is also a good time to think about how you want to spend your time during the day AKA planning.

#3 Hydration and shower

Just getting hydrated (lemon + water + salt) is a good one. Also taking a shower decreases stress.

Conclusion

The morning ritual is a sacred practice that can truly make or break your day. I know some of you just want to jump in to your tasks and start doing shit BUT a strong morning ritual is what will keep you centered and responsive instead of reactive. To just jump in to shit and skip morning ritual will most likely result in emotional ups and downs very quickly because the act of just jumping in is often stemming from impatience rather than anything more meaningful AKA you're just being impulsive and lack self-discipline.
Do you find there is any benefit to meditating almost immediately coming out of a 7 or 8 hour sleep? Would meditating say around midday provide any alternative benefits? Or even towards the end of the day?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.