The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

The importance of a morning ritual

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

SpartanWarrior77

Contributor
May 3, 2016
Hey guys,

This morning I felt like not doing my morning ritual which has been happening quite a bit recently. I still do it for the most part though. Sometimes when you do something a lot and without remembering your WHY, your motivation starts to die down.

So instead of giving into the temptation of skipping my morning ritual, I decided to write a post about the importance of it in order to re-connect to my WHY and inspire some of you to do the same:

My morning ritual usually contains 2-3 components:

#1 Movement

When you spend some time (usually around 10 minutes) getting the body warmed up, you release hormones and neurotransmitters that increase cognitive function, mood, and more. This is key to stay in a good state throughout the day. Otherwise, the feeling when you first wake up is usually a bit stiff and still sleepy.

#2 Meditation and/or silence

The mind is like a garden and I like to spend the first part of the day "gardening" aka clipping parts that I don't need out and nurturing parts that I do want more of. This takes place with visualization, concentration development such as breath counting, positive self-talk and more. Do not crowd out your mind with the ideas of others unless it's through reading. Watching overly stimulating Youtube videos and such is not the greatest way to start the day IMO. This is also a good time to think about how you want to spend your time during the day AKA planning.

#3 Hydration and shower

Just getting hydrated (lemon + water + salt) is a good one. Also taking a shower decreases stress.

Conclusion

The morning ritual is a sacred practice that can truly make or break your day. I know some of you just want to jump in to your tasks and start doing shit BUT a strong morning ritual is what will keep you centered and responsive instead of reactive. To just jump in to shit and skip morning ritual will most likely result in emotional ups and downs very quickly because the act of just jumping in is often stemming from impatience rather than anything more meaningful AKA you're just being impulsive and lack self-discipline.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

JWM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 14, 2018
Australia
Hey guys,

This morning I felt like not doing my morning ritual which has been happening quite a bit recently. I still do it for the most part though. Sometimes when you do something a lot and without remembering your WHY, your motivation starts to die down.

So instead of giving into the temptation of skipping my morning ritual, I decided to write a post about the importance of it in order to re-connect to my WHY and inspire some of you to do the same:

My morning ritual usually contains 2-3 components:

#1 Movement

When you spend some time (usually around 10 minutes) getting the body warmed up, you release hormones and neurotransmitters that increase cognitive function, mood, and more. This is key to stay in a good state throughout the day. Otherwise, the feeling when you first wake up is usually a bit stiff and still sleepy.

#2 Meditation and/or silence

The mind is like a garden and I like to spend the first part of the day "gardening" aka clipping parts that I don't need out and nurturing parts that I do want more of. This takes place with visualization, concentration development such as breath counting, positive self-talk and more. Do not crowd out your mind with the ideas of others unless it's through reading. Watching overly stimulating Youtube videos and such is not the greatest way to start the day IMO. This is also a good time to think about how you want to spend your time during the day AKA planning.

#3 Hydration and shower

Just getting hydrated (lemon + water + salt) is a good one. Also taking a shower decreases stress.

Conclusion

The morning ritual is a sacred practice that can truly make or break your day. I know some of you just want to jump in to your tasks and start doing shit BUT a strong morning ritual is what will keep you centered and responsive instead of reactive. To just jump in to shit and skip morning ritual will most likely result in emotional ups and downs very quickly because the act of just jumping in is often stemming from impatience rather than anything more meaningful AKA you're just being impulsive and lack self-discipline.
Do you find there is any benefit to meditating almost immediately coming out of a 7 or 8 hour sleep? Would meditating say around midday provide any alternative benefits? Or even towards the end of the day?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Just had a personal highlight of the program so far - @GuitarManDan gave a one hour Zoom talk on...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
While this is a marketplace post marking the re-launch of my popular course “5-Steps to Create a...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock