- Joined
- Dec 9, 2015
- Messages
- 17
Rep Bank
$245
$245
User Power: 206%
November last year it clicked: I discovered The Millionaire Fastlane and it put into words the creeping discontent I felt only a few months into my first 8-6 salaried job.
Don't get me wrong, the first few months I felt like a "Real Adult" after having worked minimum wage jobs the past few years out of college, but the $200 tailored shirts quickly went from feeling like a symbol of status to a symbol of mediocrity.
I knew there had to be a better way, and TMF made me realize I wasn't alone.
In December, I heard from my best friend, let's call her Kim, that our mutual friend, let's call him Jim, had been doing "Amazon stuff". I didn't know what that meant, but just so happened to be reading things on the internet about FBA. "That's interesting" I thought, "I'll have to catch up with him over Christmas break".
I found out he had dropped out of (his second attempt at) college because his "Amazon stuff" had made him rich.
Not just above-average-rich, my college friend was now a millionaire.
It took Jim 8 months, working 14 hours a day every day non stop, but he had done it, and even better, he was willing to help myself and Kim, who is a freelancer just making ends meet.
He pointed us in the right direction, and two years of self-improvement reading and videos I had never executed on started to find practical application. For the 12 hours per day I was either in the office or commuting, Kim was able to help execute on plans.
January: Partnership Tax ID number filed, All accounts set up, all orders self-fulfilled, $40 in sales.
Having never sold anything in my life, our first sale resulting in $0.27 profit made me feel richer than all of the $60k per year paychecks I've ever received combined.
I provided somebody out there with value
February: FBA automation, every day spent trying to find products to add value to the lives of others, $400 in sales, 10x increase.
I grow extremely impatient now that I see how much more I could be contributing to my fastlane vehicle if I weren't stuck in a cubicle, where I'm obligated to take part in office politics and waste the majority of the day.
March: Product chosen, preparing to reach out to first supplier, $4000 in sales?
My slowlane job bonus arrived, half went to make personal recurring monthly payments in advance, and the other half went straight to the fastlane business.
Things like cleaning my room, opening my mail, and cooking are taking an all-too-obvious back seat to my slowlane job, the gym, reading, and my fastlane business. Struggling to find some kind of balance given I only have a few hours each day to work on it.
I hope this can be of some value to others here in the same way your stories have inspired me to keep going. Even though my dollar amounts are small, I can say every late night spent working on this has been well worth it, and even if this attempt fails and I have to keep trying again, I see that the possibility of a brighter future is real.
Don't get me wrong, the first few months I felt like a "Real Adult" after having worked minimum wage jobs the past few years out of college, but the $200 tailored shirts quickly went from feeling like a symbol of status to a symbol of mediocrity.
I knew there had to be a better way, and TMF made me realize I wasn't alone.
In December, I heard from my best friend, let's call her Kim, that our mutual friend, let's call him Jim, had been doing "Amazon stuff". I didn't know what that meant, but just so happened to be reading things on the internet about FBA. "That's interesting" I thought, "I'll have to catch up with him over Christmas break".
I found out he had dropped out of (his second attempt at) college because his "Amazon stuff" had made him rich.
Not just above-average-rich, my college friend was now a millionaire.
It took Jim 8 months, working 14 hours a day every day non stop, but he had done it, and even better, he was willing to help myself and Kim, who is a freelancer just making ends meet.
He pointed us in the right direction, and two years of self-improvement reading and videos I had never executed on started to find practical application. For the 12 hours per day I was either in the office or commuting, Kim was able to help execute on plans.
January: Partnership Tax ID number filed, All accounts set up, all orders self-fulfilled, $40 in sales.
Having never sold anything in my life, our first sale resulting in $0.27 profit made me feel richer than all of the $60k per year paychecks I've ever received combined.
I provided somebody out there with value
February: FBA automation, every day spent trying to find products to add value to the lives of others, $400 in sales, 10x increase.
I grow extremely impatient now that I see how much more I could be contributing to my fastlane vehicle if I weren't stuck in a cubicle, where I'm obligated to take part in office politics and waste the majority of the day.
March: Product chosen, preparing to reach out to first supplier, $4000 in sales?
My slowlane job bonus arrived, half went to make personal recurring monthly payments in advance, and the other half went straight to the fastlane business.
Things like cleaning my room, opening my mail, and cooking are taking an all-too-obvious back seat to my slowlane job, the gym, reading, and my fastlane business. Struggling to find some kind of balance given I only have a few hours each day to work on it.
I hope this can be of some value to others here in the same way your stories have inspired me to keep going. Even though my dollar amounts are small, I can say every late night spent working on this has been well worth it, and even if this attempt fails and I have to keep trying again, I see that the possibility of a brighter future is real.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
