The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Death of Equities

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MattThomas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 16, 2009
Long Island, New York
I think the viewpoint is a little slanted...firstly it is coming from someone who is very big on buying debt. It comes as little surprise that he thinks that equities are dying if he has such a strong preference to bonds to begin with.

This quote stuck with me:

"Gross's view, growth prospects are so dim that there is no point in owning stocks since common stock investors will not benefit when there's no economic growth."

Sure, this is true when there is no economic growth, but what about when the economy starts growing again? By saying that equities are dying means that he is suggesting that we wont be having any more economic growth. If that is the case, we have a lot more things to worry about than the death of equities.

Perhaps a more appropriate title for this article is "Equities are in a coma". Still, I don't think that statement is accurate.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada

It is always interesting to look back. The first post was pretty much when I went on a buying spree picking up American Eagle, Fossil Watches, The Buckle and other retailers that powered my portfolio to a 31% return in 2009 and a 32% YTD return in 2010.

When the media says that an investment is a bad idea, always look into it!

Best regards.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
"If I understand him correctly, he views stocks as the bottom of the liquidation hierarchy"
And that guy has his own VC firm and writes books about the global flow of capital?

I'm sure he's a smart guy but the blog entry reads like it's been written by the intern.

I would agree with the view that the stock market in general may not be a great investment for the next decade or so.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.