The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The constant battle with myself.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
@JustAskBenWhy I've read some of your posts and I respect you, but your statements agitate me.

It's frustrating enough that mental illness is still somewhat of a taboo subject, but it's made worse by these kind of statements. It seems that people who are blessed enough to not experience it themselves seem to be quite frankly ignorant and ill-educated to it.

Because a person with mental illness doesn't have a physical symptom, people assume they can just flick a switch.

Telling them to just 'don't do it' is probably THE WORST THING you could do.

Really??

Perhaps you need to read the OP again:

These are all serious problems for the OP.

.......not to mention this which is major:

It's just as disappointing to notice who liked your post. Sorry to say. :(

@Ninjakid you really should go speak to your doctor, and consider medication to get you through this low point. I understand it's not the solution, but it could help support you short term while you build up more positive habits and a stronger mind sight. You should focus on the wealth of positive comments on this post, and notice how many people care ;)
An interesting assumption you make that I know nothing of it...

It's just that I am too busy recovering an autistic kid - he has problems... I don't!
I am too busy raising a family - looking at the world around them, they have problems... I don't!
I am too busy getting ahead - for them... Go try to live in Africa, China, or Russia and see how it goes - those people have problems... We don't

Every day begins the same way at 5 AM. Tomorrow is today. We are all scared shitless. We are all sick to our stomach with what ifs.

I cry a little every day when nobody is looking. But,

You don't cure this shit. You don't get better. You make a decision to move on. You make a choice to succeed at living a life of purpose in-spite of yourself.

It's all very complex and difficult. but the answers are simple. Me feeling badly for the OP is useless to the OP or anyone else. But, i'm thinking about OP, and I'm saying - you can do this. Now - go and F*cking do it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
I'm going to make a ton of people feel good by succeeding. I have lots of people counting on me too, so I can't let them down.

Thanks for the encouragement :)
Your writing is indicative of intelligentsia - I am thinking 19th century Bohemian. Hyper-sensitive, with developed artistic imagination :)

I am a violinist by training. Went to school at a top 5 conservatory in the world. I've met depression. I've been diagnosed with MS, with my parts of my body performing contortions.

Ninjakid - the focus has to be outside of you. You must do whatever is necessary to place importance on people who are not you. It's the only way to get better for people like us... I think we have more in common than you realize :)

We live and succeed in-spite of ourselves...

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
An interesting assumption you make that I nothing of it...

It's just that I am too busy recovering an autistic kid - he has problems... I don't!
I am too busy raising a family - looking at the world around them, they have problems... I don't!
I am too busy getting ahead - for them... Go try to live in Africa, China, or Russia and see how it goes - those people have problems... We don't

Every day begins the same way at 5 AM. Tomorrow is today. We are all scared shitless. We are all sick to our stomach with what ifs.

I cry a little every day when nobody is looking. But,

You don't cure this shit. You don't get better. You make a decision to move on. You make a choice to succeed at living a life of purpose in-spite of yourself.

It's all very complex and difficult. but the answers are simple. Me feeling badly for the OP is useless to him. But, i'm thinking about OP, and I'm saying - you can do this. Now - go and F*cking do it!

Hi Ben, I did not assume that you have no problems. We all have problems. I'm sorry for yours, genuinely.

My comments were specifically aimed towards depression, the topic of this thread.

My belief, which was purely based on your comments, was that you personally had likely never suffered from depression to this extent first hand, or that if you had it was probably so long ago that you'd forgotten just how bad it could be.

I know that you meant well, but for me it just came across wrong.

However, I stand by my opinion:

Depression.JPG

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Hi Ben, I did not assume that you have no problems. We all have problems. I'm sorry for yours, genuinely.

My comments were specifically aimed towards depression, the topic of this thread.

My belief, which was purely based on your comments, was that you personally had likely never suffered from depression to this extent first hand, or that if you had it was probably so long ago that you'd forgotten just how bad it could be.

I know that you meant well, but for me it just came across wrong.

However, I stand by my opinion:

View attachment 11011
That's the whole point - it's not cancer!!! Some people have problems, we have struggles... I never said anything about easy - only that it's not cancer... I never said it's not real - only that it's not cancer. We, in our own minds, must be able to draw a line someplace.

Guys are coming back from Afghanistan without arms and legs, many of them having fought for that which they don't believe in. Kids are dying from cancer because of the shit we eat, breath, and drink. Diabetes is commonplace. Autism is a F*cking epidemic. All of the above for in the name of corporate profit...

We are a society with nothing but real problems. People like us, fastlaners, can make a positive difference because we are illuminati who see things differently for what they are. This is depressing...yes it is! We fastlaners are imaginative people, but imagination is a sword that cuts both ways - there's always that devil sitting on our shoulder!

But, we are fortunate in that this devil is not cancer, and anything else - just kick it in the F*cking teeth and move on. Every day. Several times a day.

This isn't a choice. Society needs talented people, but what makes us strong also makes us weak. Deal and move on..

P.S. This conversation is a testimony to the community. You are here for me to lean on, and I am here for you to lean on. but movement is always forward - always!

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
Had to cut this post in half because it exceeded the 20,000 character limit lol

Right now I don't need to call because I feel fine at the moment. I'll let them focus their resources and time on people who are facing a dire circumstance right now.

Thanks, and if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me :)

I will admit, I do love my coffee though. It's a family favourite.

I took medication before too. I weaned myself off of it though because it wasn't really working, and I didn't want to be dependent on drugs. When I told my doctor he just gave me a bigger dose which made me high when I first took it lol. I remember running from my house to my school and everyone was like, "what's wrong with you?" Some people I think it's helpful for, but some people it isn't. I personally think it just makes things worse becasue it numbs the parts of your brain where you feel emotion, and feeling emotion is a good thing. But if a person is severely depressed, being on the meds is probably the lesser of two weevils.

I agree that exercising and eating well is essential. Also, I recommend doing juicing. It's a convenient way to get a ton of fruits and vegetables, and you'll notice how much better you feel after you have it regularly.

Also if you ever want to talk, PM me.

I've noticed how much of our reality is really the things we tell ourselves, and less of what's actually real. But then again, what is real when the vast majority of the physical world is actually empty space?

I think these exercises would be great at detoxifying my mind from some of the negative lingering beliefs I've carried with me for much of my life. Thanks!

I'm glad to hear your son was able to overcome his A.D.H.D. I hope he's not taking medication for it.

Of course. I'm not posting here to tell you all a tragedy. I'm giving you guys a success story. This will be an inspiration to the people who read this in the future. When I'm an old martial arts master who lives in the mountains, I will teach my students about this.

Thanks for the encouragement :)
Yes I loved coffee/frappe type drinks, it took me a couple months to finally stop drinking them all together but if I feel like having a cup of some I will every other month or so. The medications don't help me entirely but I do see why you wouldn't want to be dependent on drugs. I've started eating healthy/working out and that's helped a lot for me. I'm currently using a website called SuperTracker.usda.gov and it's been motivating me to eat healthy. And reading your post, I really want to try out juicing. I've been looking up recipes and etc. :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Physical sources of Depression include: Nutritional deficiencies
* Lack of exercise
* Lack of sunshine
* Hypothyroidism
* Hyperthyroidism
* Fibromyalgia
* Candida (yeast infection)
* Poor adrenal function
* Hemochromatosis (to much iron in the red blood cells)
* Other hormonal disorders including:

— Cushing’s Disease (excessive pituitary hormone production)
— Addison’s disease (low adrenal function)
— High levels of parathyroid hormone
— Low levels of pituitary hormones

* Hypoglycemia

* Food Allergies
* Heavy metals (such as mercury, lead, aluminum, cadmium and thallium)
* Selenium toxicity
* Premenstrual syndrome
* Sleep disturbances
* Dental problems
* TMJ (Temporal Mandibular Joint) Problems
* Infections including:

• AIDS
  • Influenza
  • Mononucleosis
  • Syphilis (late stage)
  • Tuberculosis
  • Viral hepatitis
  • Viral pneumonia
* Medical conditions including:

• Heart Problems
  • Lung disease
  • Diabetes
  • Multiple sclerosis
  • Rheumatoid arthritis
  • Chronic inflammation
  • Cancer
  • Brain tumors
  • Head injury
  • Liver disease
  • Parkinson’s
  • Stroke
  • Temporal lobe epilepsy
  • Systemic lupus erythematous
Drugs including:
* Tranquilizers & Sedatives
* Antipsychotic drugs
* Amphetamines
* Beta-blockers (diminish effects of epinephrine, adrenaline and other stress hormones)
* High blood pressure medications
* Birth control pills
* Anti-inflammatory agents
* Corticosteroids (adrenal hormone agents)
* Cimetidine (Tagament – treatment of heart burn/peptic ulcers)
* Cycloserine
* Indomethacin (TX of inflammation & pain caused by Rheumatoid arthritis)

Brand name:
* Indocin, Indocin-SR
* Reserpine (Lowers blood pressure & decreases certain chemicals in blood)
* Vinblastine (Cancer drug)
* Vincristine – Brand name: Oncovin
*Vincasar PFS (cancer drug that slows down growth of cancer

I'm sure you can find more physical and medical reasons depression would be a side effect. While it's nice to say everything is cognitive it's not always. And exactly why they rule out biological and medical first. As a nurse aide in the past, I know this very well, besides working with mental impaired, and developmentally disabled. While there are holes in the system, and business aspect, it's plain ignorant to imply everyone experiences the say depression.

Even in brain scans they're different.

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
Yes I loved coffee/frappe type drinks, it took me a couple months to finally stop drinking them all together but if I feel like having a cup of some I will every other month or so. The medications don't help me entirely but I do see why you wouldn't want to be dependent on drugs. I've started eating healthy/working out and that's helped a lot for me. I'm currently using a website called SuperTracker.usda.gov and it's been motivating me to eat healthy. And reading your post, I really want to try out juicing. I've been looking up recipes and etc. :)

Nicole have you ever used myfitnesspal? It is absolutely incredible (and free).

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
You're right, it's not. Like for example, I feel euphoric at the moment. Absolutely nothing that was bothering me before is bothering me now. Basically a 100% turn around. Just the night before I needed about ten hours of sleep just to function but right now I could probably stay up all night and be completely fine with it.
This has been a pattern with me for many years though. I've kind of just stopped taking my mood seriously.
But I'm pretty sure this is a sign that I should actually address these problems instead of leaving it and letting it fester.

Have you seen a psychiatrist? What you have sounds like a disorder which can hopefully be fixed chemically.

Maybe it's this?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
I believe I've heard of it, but never used it. Is it an app?

Yes, it's a free app. It has a complete database of products/ingredients and its related nutritional info. You can even scan the barcodes and it will load the info for you. It also has info on restaurant dishes!
It has goal setting, tracking ecc. It is accessible both via app and web (web features a very good forum).
There is no doubt that you will love it. Let me know what you think about it.

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
Yes, it's a free app. It has a complete database of products/ingredients and its related nutritional info. You can even scan the barcodes and it will load the info for you. It also has info on restaurant dishes!
It has goal setting, tracking ecc. It is accessible both via app and web (web features a very good forum).
I'm downloading it right now.

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
Just got home from practice, and you were absolutely correct! I love this app, it's so great. Thank you very much for the pointer.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Rachel Akito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 16, 2015
Please do not end your life. You need a support system that will help you get through all these. If you cannot find it to your family, you can contact the number given by Vigilante.

I go through depressions at times but I choose to be happy. Choosing the right things for yourself is a decision. Choose to be happy. Look at your surroundings, you are lucky you can still see all these creations. You are still far blessed than the others.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Please do not end your life. You need a support system that will help you get through all these. If you cannot find it to your family, you can contact the number given by Vigilante.

I go through depressions at times but I choose to be happy. Choosing the right things for yourself is a decision. Choose to be happy. Look at your surroundings, you are lucky you can still see all these creations. You are still far blessed than the others.

Don't worry, I'm not ending anything. I figure I would rather turn my pain into art and writing to be appreciated by others.

For some reason I part of me seems to resist happiness as weird as it sounds. I feel like if I'm too happy, I'm being vulnerable. Because happiness is an emotion, and emotions can make you high. I'd rather be aware than addicted to serotonin.

But at least I'm making the conscious choice to not let my fleeting instability hold me back in life.

You are right though, no matter how bad things seem for me, I think the fact is I have an infinite amount of things to be grateful for.

I'm glad to hear you're able to positively deal with depression. If you ever want to talk though, my PM box is open to you.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
@Ninjakid

Yo, bro.

I have one more suggestion for you.

If you ever feel this way again, if you ever feel so low that you find it hard to just... go...

Take the above video as evidence of the fact that you can add church into an already awesome situation and it become even more awesome.

I understand that a discussion of religion is strictly forbidden on this site, and I intend to respect the rules in this post.

I would simply like to tell a story.

Awhile ago, I felt real low over a personal situation that I won't dive into here.

I felt like I had no one to talk to.

I felt like no one understood what I was going through.

Then I walked into a church.

It was a Wednesday night, and I couldn't distract myself with work.

First, I kind of lingered by the entrance, head phones turned up loud.

Everyone that by me and saw smiled enthusiastically, in an unusually friendly way.

It was cold outside.

It was warm in there.

After five or ten minutes, I walked inside to hear the end of the Wednesday night pastor's sermon.

Afterwards, a guy named Jeremy somehow read my whole situation without talking to me, and walked up to introduce himself. Before long, I was surrounded by attentive, caring, loving human beings.

This is not a testimony to belief or disbelief, a defense or an attack on any belief system.

I am simple telling my own personal story, and I feel that it is relevant, because - years ago - I was on the phone with the suicide hot line people, so I can concur that they do good work.

After about an hour, I felt like I suddenly had a bunch of new friends.

I got encouraging texts from Jeremy for many days, nights and weeks after showing up to his church that night.

I never went back. I haven't seen Jeremy since. I hope he is doing well. He's one of the good guys.

We are young gods, brother.

We are kings. Kings with kingdoms to conquer.

We have future destinies so bright that they cannot be comprehended by the average mind.

It is only natural to feel lost and alone at times.

Being alone on this road is a constant. What sometimes wavers is your ability to deal with that loneliness.

In most cases, focusing on the long-term goal is what allows you to persist in those moments.

You have to see the end game with perfect clarity.

We may be mortals, but our actions echo in eternity.

The gods test us, at times, to make sure that we are worthy of the rewards at the end of the tribulations.

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
@Ninjakid

Yo, bro.

I have one more suggestion for you.

If you ever feel this way again, if you ever feel so low that you find it hard to just... go...

Take the above video as evidence of the fact that you can add church into an already awesome situation and it become even more awesome.

I understand that a discussion of religion is strictly forbidden on this site, and I intend to respect the rules in this post.

I would simply like to tell a story.

Awhile ago, I felt real low over a personal situation that I won't dive into here.

I felt like I had no one to talk to.

I felt like no one understood what I was going through.

Then I walked into a church.

It was a Wednesday night, and I couldn't distract myself with work.

First, I kind of lingered by the entrance, head phones turned up loud.

Everyone that by me and saw smiled enthusiastically, in an unusually friendly way.

It was cold outside.

It was warm in there.

After five or ten minutes, I walked inside to hear the end of the Wednesday night pastor's sermon.

Afterwards, a guy named Jeremy somehow read my whole situation without talking to me, and walked up to introduce himself. Before long, I was surrounded by attentive, caring, loving human beings.

This is not a testimony to belief or disbelief, a defense or an attack on any belief system.

I am simple telling my own personal story, and I feel that it is relevant, because - years ago - I was on the phone with the suicide hot line people, so I can concur that they do good work.

After about an hour, I felt like I suddenly had a bunch of new friends.

I got encouraging texts from Jeremy for many days, nights and weeks after showing up to his church that night.

I never went back. I haven't seen Jeremy since. I hope he is doing well. He's one of the good guys.

We are young gods, brother.

We are kings. Kings with kingdoms to conquer.

We have future destinies so bright that they cannot be comprehended by the average mind.

It is only natural to feel lost and alone at times.

Being alone on this road is a constant. What sometimes wavers is your ability to deal with that loneliness.

In most cases, focusing on the long-term goal is what allows you to persist in those moments.

You have to see the end game with perfect clarity.

We may be mortals, but our actions echo in eternity.

The gods test us, at times, to make sure that we are worthy of the rewards at the end of the tribulations.
Thanks for this :)

I've also found that it makes all the difference when you're around people who show you love and support. Even when the people don't have the answers to your problems, just a friendly gesture like showing that they care and have your back can mean all the difference.

There's too much loneliness in the world as it is, why not circulate a different energy?

Circulating love in this world makes someone's life that much better.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
"This for everybody going through tough times
Believe me, been there, done that
But everyday above ground is a great day, remember that, Dale!"

Pitbull
(from the linked song: Pitbull, Ne-Yo - Time Of Our Lives) [HASHTAG]#QOTD[/HASHTAG]

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
"This for everybody going through tough times
Believe me, been there, done that
But everyday above ground is a great day, remember that, Dale!"

Pitbull
(from the linked song: Pitbull, Ne-Yo - Time Of Our Lives) [HASHTAG]#QOTD[/HASHTAG]

I knew my rent was gon' be late about a week ago
I worked my a$$ off, but I still can't pay it though
But I got just enough
To get off in this club
Have me a good time, before my time is up
Lol. I like the song, but this is the attitude that leads to debt and sad futures. If I'm about to be homeless, then going to the club is the last thing on my mind.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Thanks for this :)

I've also found that it makes all the difference when you're around people who show you love and support. Even when the people don't have the answers to your problems, just a friendly gesture like showing that they care and have your back can mean all the difference.

There's too much loneliness in the world as it is, why not circulate a different energy?

Circulating love in this world makes someone's life that much better.

Indeed.

I find that you have to go for people doing the same activities as you.

I went to the gym earlier, and missed the cougar that talked to me last name.

Instead, I met Fallon, who showed me some interesting yoga exercises for abs. It felt interesting doing these after leg-pressing 900 for more reps than one of my fast lane brothers - and he's a future bodybuilding champion!

Anyway, got her number. She's cute. Reminds me of one of my ex-girlfriend's young sisters, so... score.

My personal assistant drove back after the workout, and I met Keisha in the parking lot.

My PA scoped her for me. She said "pretty girl coming."

Even though I was sore, I hopped out of the car, just in time to get that umber and invite her to the gym.

Gonna work that booty out.

Sometimes, when you really want a girl - even if you love her - you have to direct your attention elsewhere until you can have her the way you want her.

Very efficiently, I got two numbers today. Now, back to work.

And writing posts that titilate @Kak .

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
I started hitting this stage recently where I felt depressed and anxious.

My mother has depression, my sister - Bi-polar and anxiety, oh.. mum has it too.. So obviously mental problems run in that side of the family.

I think my sisters bullshit was caused by drugs though. Mum, well.. excuses hold her back.

I started getting panic attacks, and yeah.. I'd almost faint and everything. Really scary feeling, I know for a fact.... I got them when i went in shopping malls. I love going to shopping malls now and then just to people watch, you know.. observe the life I don't want.. Watching them all work, go in happy.. come out miserable and tired.. and it reminds me why the F*ck im working and why I'm involved in a forum such as this.

Average is shit.

Back to topic, lately.. I have been going through these mood changes where I feel depressed. And I wonder, why the F*ck should I bother.. I'll die anyway... I questioned myself... Why is it that I'm travelling the world right now, and I dont even find it that exciting; yet everyone talks about travel as if its so amazing.. Why don't i feel the same way?.

Why don't I enjoy going out, partying, drinking.. whilst everyone else my age does..

Why do I hate people so much ( Now, before you attack me on this one let me explain ).. I hate mediocre people who all do the same F*cking shit day in day out. I just cant bring myself to want to even try to make friends with them, i dont want to give them my time, i dont want to get to know them because well... I'm sick of getting to know the same person over and over again.

What do I mean by that?.

I meet too many "sheeple". Uni this, uni that.. Job this, job that... What do you study?. Bla bla, I just have noTHING in common with these people. I'm just so F*cking over hearing the same shit over and over and over and over again that I've gotten to the point where I wont even associate myself with anyone like them because they bore me.. They are all the same, F*cking boring and just average.

So, I have but a few friends.. and even they are losers. But I keep them as my friends because well we all need some human interaction right? - That and they're old friends who I genuinely like as people. Their personalities are chill to be around.. But would I normally be friends with people like them? - F*ck no.

So I questioned myself again.. I'm bad with people? - Maybe I'm depressed.. It's a sign.

So i really started believing that maybe I'm depressed because I have no common interests with people, I don't want to go out and waste time drinking and partying, I don't want to travel just yet.. Why should I?, I haven't even earned it. I'll be honest, the travelling is pretty cool.. Budapest was nice, London is great! and I'm going back to London on the 16th of this month.

And i thought, F*ck.. I'm destined to get depression.. My dad was depressed, my mum is.. what if it runs in the family?, genetics and all.

So I started looking up and learning about depression, and how to deal with it.

I had come to learn that depression is often caused by anxiety and that also, a lot of what causes depression is how you perceive things. The energy you put out into the world..

I learned that I'm a negative person, and that I let the thoughts of others think that maybe I'm depressed.

So I thought long into the topic, and I thought " why do I feel this way? " - and it came down to this.

Other people made me feel that I'm depressed because I don't want to do what they are doing.

So because they enjoy going out and partying and I prefer to stay home, they assume I'm depressed.

So because they love travelling and I don't enjoy it as much as them.. they assume I'm depressed.

Do you see the pattern? - When you constantly have these sheeple around you telling you that you're not normal, that you might be depressed because you don't want to go out and associate yourself with their mediocre lifestyle and friends.. they assume you are F*cking depressed or not normal.

WELL NO SHIT - No, I'm not F*cking normal and I refuse to ever be normal.

Normal is all it is... NORMAL.

The word itself is boring to pronounce... NOR-MAL... Norrrrmallllll... take a moment and just realize how boring that word it for a moment.

So I watched a video of Gary Vee, and honestly.. It changed my perspective on a few things.

I realized, I have a lot in common with that man. We are both DnF Students, and I'm a dropout. And I think very much alike to how he thinks in a few ways.. So it kinda hit me when I watched his video about overnight success. Telling his story about how he was always inside working, whilst his friends were out enjoying the luxurious life and spending all their money on weekends and cars and getting themselves into debt.. he was working. Working on making sure he wouldn't be normal..

How all of those people he once knew messaged him saying how "lucky" he is to have what he has and to succeed how he did.

You can view the video here:

So, skip forward... I changed a few things about how I think and why I thought I was depressed.

I changed my outlook on how I view things.. I appreciate the little things, how lucky I am to be travelling right now whilst billions of people cannot.

To see parts of the world that no one in my family has seen for probably more than a few generations.

To be the one in my family who's going somewhere, leaving the dirt behind and just driving forward whilst they all just sit in neutral.

What the hell have I got to be depressed about? - Yeah, I'm not rich... yeah, I don't have a bunch of friends, yeah I don't want to waste my time going out and doing the same shit as everyone else does.. So what?, How am I depressed?.

I'm not.

It was all in my head, and I was just afraid.. Afraid of not being normal.

But, to succeed, you can't be normal.. you have to be great.. You have to be a F*cking KING.. We are gods, just as @Ubermensch says. My best friend also says the same thing all the time to me at home.. WE ARE F*ckING GODS.. remember this.

This is why we are here..

When ever you feel depressed, remember.. that what you do now, in this moment.. in every moment past this moment.. It matters, and you matter. And that there's always going to be people around you that love you, and that care for you.

Including us on the forum. We all care for you and we all appreciate you being here.

Never give up, you are here because you are strong. You are strong because you don't want to be average.. it takes strength to not fall in to the pit of being average.

As for your anxiety.. The best way to counter it is to just face the things that cause that fear..

When I got anxious going into shopping mall, I kept going back in until I no longer got panics.

Just face the fears, crush them.. own them, embrace fear.

Take a moment to smell the roses - Have you ever heard that quote? - It simply means, take a moment to enjoy the small things, appreciate them and just remember that you are lucky to be in that moment at that place, at that time.

When you appreciate the small things, when you can see the world for how beautiful it is.. when you can wake up and say, F*ck YEAH, I'M A F*ckING BOSS. Scream it to yourself in the mirror every day.. Tell yourself how F*cking awesome you are and how much better you are than other people.. even if it's not true... aslong as YOU believe it. It'll change how you see things.

Basically, just kick that negative bullshit out and own it.

Take a moment to smell the roses my friend.

needless to say, I haven't had a depressive moment in over a month now! - I'm very much okay and what I'm doing is completely fine. Just because I choose... yes CHOOSE ( Choice, choices!, ).. I choose to not be like them, doesn't mean I'm depressed.. Screw them. Let them suffer when they are burned out from their career jobs and hating their life. I'll laugh in their faces and gladly tell them "I bet you wish you had not have partied so much and focused on building a proper future ".

I've met so many people in their 30s who tell me they wished they did what I was doing when they were my age.

I bet they do.

Last edited:

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015

My mother has depression, my sister - Bi-polar and anxiety, oh.. mum has it too.. So obviously mental problems run in that side of the family.

I think my sisters bullshit was caused by drugs though. Mum, well.. excuses hold her back.

I started getting panic attacks, and yeah.. I'd almost faint and everything. Really scary feeling, I know for a fact.... I got them when i went in shopping malls. I love going to shopping malls now and then just to people watch, you know.. observe the life I don't want.. Watching them all work, go in happy.. come out miserable and tired.. and it reminds me why the F*ck im working and why I'm involved in a forum such as this.

Average is shit.

Back to topic, lately.. I have been going through these mood changes where I feel depressed. And I wonder, why the F*ck should I bother.. I'll die anyway... I questioned myself... Why is it that I'm travelling the world right now, and I dont even find it that exciting; yet everyone talks about travel as if its so amazing.. Why don't i feel the same way?.

Why don't I enjoy going out, partying, drinking.. whilst everyone else my age does..

Why do I hate people so much ( Now, before you attack me on this one let me explain ).. I hate mediocre people who all do the same F*cking shit day in day out. I just cant bring myself to want to even try to make friends with them, i dont want to give them my time, i dont want to get to know them because well... I'm sick of getting to know the same person over and over again.

What do I mean by that?.

I meet too many "sheeple". Uni this, uni that.. Job this, job that... What do you study?. Bla bla, I just have noTHING in common with these people. I'm just so F*cking over hearing the same shit over and over and over and over again that I've gotten to the point where I wont even associate myself with anyone like them because they bore me.. They are all the same, F*cking boring and just average.

So, I have but a few friends.. and even they are losers. But I keep them as my friends because well we all need some human interaction right? - That and they're old friends who I genuinely like as people. Their personalities are chill to be around.. But would I normally be friends with people like them? - F*ck no.

So I questioned myself again.. I'm bad with people? - Maybe I'm depressed.. It's a sign.

So i really started believing that maybe I'm depressed because I have no common interests with people, I don't want to go out and waste time drinking and partying, I don't want to travel just yet.. Why should I?, I haven't even earned it. I'll be honest, the travelling is pretty cool.. Budapest was nice, London is great! and I'm going back to London on the 16th of this month.

And i thought, F*ck.. I'm destined to get depression.. My dad was depressed, my mum is.. what if it runs in the family?, genetics and all.

I had come to learn that depression is often caused by anxiety and that also, a lot of what causes depression is how you perceive things. The energy you put out into the world..

I learned that I'm a negative person, and that I let the thoughts of others think that maybe I'm depressed.

So I thought long into the topic, and I thought " why do I feel this way? " - and it came down to this.

Other people made me feel that I'm depressed because I don't want to do what they are doing.

So because they enjoy going out and partying and I prefer to stay home, they assume I'm depressed.

So because they love travelling and I don't enjoy it as much as them.. they assume I'm depressed.

Do you see the pattern? - When you constantly have these sheeple around you telling you that you're not normal, that you might be depressed because you don't want to go out and associate yourself with their mediocre lifestyle and friends.. they assume you are F*cking depressed or not normal.

The word itself is boring to pronounce... NOR-MAL... Norrrrmallllll... take a moment and just realize how boring that word it for a moment.

So I watched a video of Gary Vee, and honestly.. It changed my perspective on a few things.

I realized, I have a lot in common with that man. We are both DnF Students, and I'm a dropout. And I think very much alike to how he thinks in a few ways.. So it kinda hit me when I watched his video about overnight success. Telling his story about how he was always inside working, whilst his friends were out enjoying the luxurious life and spending all their money on weekends and cars and getting themselves into debt.. he was working. Working on making sure he wouldn't be normal..

How all of those people he once knew messaged him saying how "lucky" he is to have what he has and to succeed how he did.

So, skip forward... I changed a few things about how I think and why I thought I was depressed.

I changed my outlook on how I view things.. I appreciate the little things, how lucky I am to be travelling right now whilst billions of people cannot.

To see parts of the world that no one in my family has seen for probably more than a few generations.

To be the one in my family who's going somewhere, leaving the dirt behind and just driving forward whilst they all just sit in neutral.

What the hell have I got to be depressed about? - Yeah, I'm not rich... yeah, I don't have a bunch of friends, yeah I don't want to waste my time going out and doing the same shit as everyone else does.. So what?, How am I depressed?.

I'm not.

But, to succeed, you can't be normal.. you have to be great.. You have to be a F*cking KING.. We are gods, just as @Ubermensch says. My best friend also says the same thing all the time to me at home.. WE ARE F*ckING GODS.. remember this.

When ever you feel depressed, remember.. that what you do now, in this moment.. in every moment past this moment.. It matters, and you matter. And that there's always going to be people around you that love you, and that care for you.

Including us on the forum. We all care for you and we all appreciate you being here.

Never give up, you are here because you are strong. You are strong because you don't want to be average.. it takes strength to not fall in to the pit of being average.

As for your anxiety.. The best way to counter it is to just face the things that cause that fear..

When I got anxious going into shopping mall, I kept going back in until I no longer got panics.

Take a moment to smell the roses - Have you ever heard that quote? - It simply means, take a moment to enjoy the small things, appreciate them and just remember that you are lucky to be in that moment at that place, at that time.

When you appreciate the small things, when you can see the world for how beautiful it is.. when you can wake up and say, F*ck YEAH, I'M A F*ckING BOSS. Scream it to yourself in the mirror every day.. Tell yourself how F*cking awesome you are and how much better you are than other people.. even if it's not true... aslong as YOU believe it. It'll change how you see things.

needless to say, I haven't had a depressive moment in over a month now! - I'm very much okay and what I'm doing is completely fine. Just because I choose... yes CHOOSE ( Choice, choices!, ).. I choose to not be like them, doesn't mean I'm depressed.. Screw them. Let them suffer when they are burned out from their career jobs and hating their life. I'll laugh in their faces and gladly tell them "I bet you wish you had not have partied so much and focused on building a proper future ".

I've met so many people in their 30s who tell me they wished they did what I was doing when they were my age.

I bet they do.
This was so encouraging! Great post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I knew my rent was gon' be late about a week ago
I worked my a$$ off, but I still can't pay it though
But I got just enough
To get off in this club
Have me a good time, before my time is up
Lol. I like the song, but this is the attitude that leads to debt and sad futures. If I'm about to be homeless, then going to the club is the last thing on my mind.

Maybe I should have only posted the quote without referring to the song, haha. ;):oops: Of course, I agree with what you said about the other quote from the song, though.

BUT in the video, they raised money by throwing a party. Win-win! :D

Disclaimer: All I can see is $1s, hahaha.

Rent-Party.png

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014

This is such great advice, especially for people with social anxiety, exercise anxiety, etc.

Every time your anxiety prevents you from doing something, that anxiety just won...and it gets a little worse every time you let it win.

But when you do something while being uncomfortable with anxiety, you win...and it gets easier and better overtime until eventually, it's completely gone.

Studies have also shown that exercising (lifting weights, running, etc.) can actually help reduce anxiety dramatically and in turn also help with depression. When I don't lift for a while, anxiety starts acting up. As long as i'm lifting, dieting, focusing on goals, taking care of myself, etc. Anxiety don't stand a F***ING chance.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Average is shit.

What do I mean by that?.

I'm not.

I bet they do.
Great advice from this post.

I have a similar point of view/lifestyle. I don't enjoy partying/drinking (I'm not a total hermit though, because I do like the outdoors), in fact the last party I went to I got bored. I don't feel a strong connection with most people in general, I actually feel more comfortable around computers and machines than people, but I'm aware that that's a little f*cked up.

At the same time, I realized people are just people. Rather than being a narcissist and thinking I'm better than others, I try to give people a chance to express themselves. A lot of people put on this disguise of normalcy just to interact with the world, but in truth there's many people who are interesting in their own right, but we would never know it because we never gave them the chance to open up and show it.

My task right now is to chill out, and stop being so high off of my ego. I've noticed I've ruined a lot of relationships with great people because I'm too invested in needing to be right all the time.

Sometimes you just gotta chill the F*ck out.

For example, right now I'm drinking coffee and egg nog which I do every day, but I'm being present and loving every moment. Best cup of coffee in my life.

When I started this thread, that was the first and only time I've ever had serious anxiety in my life. So I'm glad it happened, but it prompted a positive change within me.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Great advice from this post.

I have a similar point of view/lifestyle. I don't enjoy partying/drinking (I'm not a total hermit though, because I do like the outdoors), in fact the last party I went to I got bored. I don't feel a strong connection with most people in general, I actually feel more comfortable around computers and machines than people, but I'm aware that that's a little f*cked up.

At the same time, I realized people are just people. Rather than being a narcissist and thinking I'm better than others, I try to give people a chance to express themselves. A lot of people put on this disguise of normalcy just to interact with the world, but in truth there's many people who are interesting in their own right, but we would never know it because we never gave them the chance to open up and show it.

My task right now is to chill out, and stop being so high off of my ego. I've noticed I've ruined a lot of relationships with great people because I'm too invested in needing to be right all the time.

Sometimes you just gotta chill the F*ck out.

For example, right now I'm drinking coffee and egg nog which I do every day, but I'm being present and loving every moment. Best cup of coffee in my life.

When I started this thread, that was the first and only time I've ever had serious anxiety in my life. So I'm glad it happened, but it prompted a positive change within me.

That's really good to hear man, honestly.

I feel more comfortable being around computers too.. I don't really give my time to just normal people.

In-fact, I did attend an upwork entrepreneur meetup a while back and it was probably the first time I ever really was able to enjoy myself around people. Like minded people who were there for the same reason I was.

I enjoyed hearing about their businesses, their stories and also their pitches.

I found that, it's not that I dislike people.. it's that I would just not rather spend time with people who are doing the same thing as everyone else. I find they bring me down with their social norms and that "I can't" attitude. I also find them to be very negative and just full of excuses and blame for others.

I think this is a big reason why the poor hate so much on the rich.. My mum included. The poor find the rich to be arrogant or passive aggressive.. Which is not really the case at all. The rich / successful people just don't want to associate their time with the likes of people who bring down their positivism... The likes of people who just make excuses.. they have no time for the "woe is me" attitude that most of them pump out in to the cosmos.

I hardly even talk to my family, I don't want to be around them because they push their shitty mentality on to me and it hold me back.. So I have as little to do with them as possible. I love them though, don't get me wrong.. but they are toxic to my mentality and growth.

You are who you surround yourself with - As they say.

I find myself at a constant struggle with social media distractions and clicking on shit that just doesn't matter.. It holds me back.. Especially my phone.

So, I sold my phone recently and I deleted half of the friends I had on facebook aswell as unfollowed them all since I don't want to see them distractions in my newsfeed.

Look man, in the end of the day.. Try to not worry about what is normal and what is not..

If you feel better at home on your computer away from people, that doesn't make you weird.

You should do it because you can!

You may not feel that connection because the people you might possibly surround yourself with just don't get you.. and it's the same problem I have.

You don't have to enjoy parties.. I don't even like them.. I hate them actually.

You know, it's a waste of time.. and you're smart enough to see it.. You want more, and you know that partying is not going to get you what you want is it?.

So my advice to you is to just be happy with you, block out the F*ckers who tell you that it's not normal.. because, your normal is a lot different to their normal.

Practice your people skills, practice selling. They do matter.

Try to just find better people, go to some meetups, meet other entrepreneurs and network with people who are hustling like yourself.

Meet people who are better than you, who are productive..

Surround yourself with them people, and live and breathe success!

Live and breathe success - become obsessed with it, you have what it takes.. we all do.. we are all capable.. some take longer than others.

Time is your best friend but your worst enemy depending on how you use it.

Ah I'm so pumped this morning.. legit, I feel king of the world and it's because I am a king!!

Today is going to be awesome! - let's F*cking own the day and make it our bitch!

"MAKE MONDAY YOUR BITCH" - Gary Vee

D

DeletedUser396

Average is shit.

What do I mean by that?.

Psychology is shit.

What is normal?

What isn't?

Why do psychologists believe that all people have to be the same?

Truth be told, if people aren't diagnosing you with "mental disorders" you're just a really boring person.

You're a sociopath if you realize you only live once and want to make the most out of it by not giving a F*ck about what people think.

You're a narcissist with delusions of grandeur if you believe you can actually change the world and do anything you set your mind to.

You're a psychopath if you're extremely masculine and you intimidate people around you with your dominant aura, ideas, attention to detail and ambition.

You have OCD if you focus so much on something that you forget to eat and sleep.

You have ADHD if you can't focus on trivial bullshit for a long period of time.

You're depressed if you think your "normal" life is shitty and the "normal" people and activities around you are shitty too. Don't try become who you really are, take these pills instead!

F*ck them all.

Do your thing, be yourself and love your fate.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Try fasting and Meditation.

I found that helps to clean and clear my thoughts and body.

Pure Water fast is best for a true cleanse, then check your nutrition and any other habits such as drugs and alcohol, best to stay off them a while to feel better/new.

I read somewhere that a blood test for nutritional deficiencies is beneficial (If you act upon it obviously). I will go for one myself as soon as I can afford it.

Remember, a key differentiating factor of Ninja from Samurai was self-preservation, they always managed to escape somehow.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

I feel more comfortable being around computers too.. I don't really give my time to just normal people.

In-fact, I did attend an upwork entrepreneur meetup a while back and it was probably the first time I ever really was able to enjoy myself around people. Like minded people who were there for the same reason I was.

I found that, it's not that I dislike people.. it's that I would just not rather spend time with people who are doing the same thing as everyone else. I find they bring me down with their social norms and that "I can't" attitude. I also find them to be very negative and just full of excuses and blame for others.

I think this is a big reason why the poor hate so much on the rich.. My mum included. The poor find the rich to be arrogant or passive aggressive.. Which is not really the case at all. The rich / successful people just don't want to associate their time with the likes of people who bring down their positivism... The likes of people who just make excuses.. they have no time for the "woe is me" attitude that most of them pump out in to the cosmos.

I hardly even talk to my family, I don't want to be around them because they push their shitty mentality on to me and it hold me back.. So I have as little to do with them as possible. I love them though, don't get me wrong.. but they are toxic to my mentality and growth.

I find myself at a constant struggle with social media distractions and clicking on shit that just doesn't matter.. It holds me back.. Especially my phone.

So, I sold my phone recently and I deleted half of the friends I had on facebook aswell as unfollowed them all since I don't want to see them distractions in my newsfeed.

Look man, in the end of the day.. Try to not worry about what is normal and what is not..

If you feel better at home on your computer away from people, that doesn't make you weird.

You may not feel that connection because the people you might possibly surround yourself with just don't get you.. and it's the same problem I have.

You don't have to enjoy parties.. I don't even like them.. I hate them actually.

You know, it's a waste of time.. and you're smart enough to see it.. You want more, and you know that partying is not going to get you what you want is it?.

So my advice to you is to just be happy with you, block out the F*ckers who tell you that it's not normal.. because, your normal is a lot different to their normal.

Try to just find better people, go to some meetups, meet other entrepreneurs and network with people who are hustling like yourself.

Live and breathe success - become obsessed with it, you have what it takes.. we all do.. we are all capable.. some take longer than others.

Ah I'm so pumped this morning.. legit, I feel king of the world and it's because I am a king!!

Today is going to be awesome! - let's F*cking own the day and make it our bitch!

I don't really concern myself with being "normal." Normalcy is just a construction that people have collectively agreed exist, and if there is such a thing as "normal," I've definitely never been that.

One of my big conundrums is that on some deep level, I do have a strong desire to connect with others, but at the same time I feel most comfortable distancing myself. For now anyways.

Guess I gotta love people from a distance lol.

Psychology is shit.

What is normal?

What isn't?

Why do psychologists believe that all people have to be the same?

Truth be told, if people aren't diagnosing you with "mental disorders" you're just a really boring person.

I see your point. I don't like how many people approach psychology as a genuine science. Psychology studies are almost never replicated by a different experimenter and get the same result. What we call "psychology" is mostly a westernized approach to medicating human behaviour. No doubt Freud gave us some interesting insight to the human mind, but his discoveries were ultimately shaped by his own perspective shaped by predominant westernized cultural attitudes of his time, and can't account to be universally true.

That said, I do agree that these labels for human behaviour are based on real mental patterns.

You're a sociopath if you realize you only live once and want to make the most out of it by not giving a F*ck about what people think.

You're a psychopath if you're extremely masculine and you intimidate people around you with your dominant aura, ideas, attention to detail and ambition.

I think you have a slightly skewed understanding of these definitions.

Psychologists don't usually categorize a person as being a "psychopath" or "sociopath", but rather would say they are high on one of the spectrums.

A person is only considered a psychopath if they score overwhelmingly high on the spectrum, and psychopathic traits are mostly defined by an inability to feel spontaneous emotion, and nothing to do with masculinity. Although they do tend to influence people easily, it's not the same as having charisma or masculine charm.

Do your thing, be yourself and love your fate.

Thanks, I definitely do, except I don't believe in fate.

Try fasting and Meditation.

I found that helps to clean and clear my thoughts and body.

Pure Water fast is best for a true cleanse, then check your nutrition and any other habits such as drugs and alcohol, best to stay off them a while to feel better/new.

I read somewhere that a blood test for nutritional deficiencies is beneficial (If you act upon it obviously). I will go for one myself as soon as I can afford it.

Remember, a key differentiating factor of Ninja from Samurai was self-preservation, they always managed to escape somehow.

Meditation is actually a key part of my life. I sort of consider it the "terminal of life." I can't bring myself to fast though, because I love food too much lol. Actually one of my main issues is that when I focus on something, I get so into it that I forget everything else, including eating. I've gone over 24 hours without eating this way many times simply because I forgot to eat, so I have to watch myself.

As for nutritional deficiencies, you can probably save yourself a lot of money by just making changes to your diet. Throw in some foods high in macronutrients, and see if you feel better. I guarantee you'll feel a lot more lively.

The thing that mainly separated samurai from ninja was that ninja had no code of honour, unlike the samurai. Ninja's virtue was to complete a task by any means necessary, that's why they trained extensively to prepare for any situation. It's like you say, one of their defining factors was self-preservation, as they thrived in one of the most hostile times and places in human history, and put worked through situations where the odds were always against them. That's one thing I admire about them is that they didn't wallow in their harsh circumstances, they trained themselves to survive in it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.