The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Call of the Entrepreneur - Anyone see this yet?

dhuang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 16, 2007
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pem0ZSsMQVA&mode=related&search="]YouTube - The Call of the Entrepreneur[/ame]

A rather interesting documentary about the whole game of entrepreneurship. The trailer is exceptionally well made, but I can't comment on the real thing. I'll definitely pick up a copy when it's out.

For some reason, it feels awfully similar to The Secret. That could be a bad thing :blush:

edit: Hey cool, YouTube embedded automatically! I love this forum :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
Speaking of the secret... one of the "teachers" in the Secret is an entreprenuer named John Assaraf. He owns the ReMax franchise for the entire state of Indiana, and has built several multi million dollar businesses.

Of all the teachers in the secret, he's the one I most respect. He owns a company called OneCoach that may be worth checking out.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Good stuff ... entrepreneurism is what is responsible for all human evolution and yet, 2000 years later, most of our schools still do not teach it. Sad ...

One quote stood out for me, something like "you put your butt in a corner, and you'd be surprised at what you can do"

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
nice video. I agree with you MJ, it is sad that our school system (I am a current student myself) has no classes to encourage entrepreneurism. High school would be a great time to introduce kids to the idea and continue it in college as well.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
It is not only sad that the school system does not promote it... it is even worse than that... go try to sell something in class and see yourself getting suspended or expelled from the school.

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
nice video. I agree with you MJ, it is sad that our school system (I am a current student myself) has no classes to encourage entrepreneurism. High school would be a great time to introduce kids to the idea and continue it in college as well.
Entreprenuer Magazine puts out an annual list of the top College/University Entreprenuer academic programs. Ball State University, for example, has a highly rated entreprenuership program within their business school. Many universities have embraced the importance of having such a curriculum. Unfortunately our public school system doesn't see the value, but we're now seeing these type of programs in some of the charter schools in our area.

Fred

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Just watched it. Solid documentary

GuestUser201

BRAAP!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 26, 2014
Park City, Utah
Awesome, I love starting out my day with a documentary to inspire me. The chinese guy's story really hit me.
Just when I think I'm grateful, I realize I can be even more grateful for what I have, his story really put things into perspective for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.