The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The best business building tool and resources for your business...

Marketing, social media, advertising

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Inspired by the conversation / dialogue I instigated in the Unscripted Network (read my signature to join), please post your FAVORITE and MOST VALUABLE business tool that your business uses.

Is there a business tool or a resource your business can't be without? Several?

Please let us know and please be specific insofar as WHAT or HOW that tool helps.

Attached is a graphic with the answers from my unofficial poll via the text messaging platform.

My answer...

CANVA (Graphics and Social Media)

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 2.25.36 PM.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Super useful list!

I've relied on Trello and Zapier quite heavily. Very useful to get things done and automate things, respectively.

I actually expected this to be about our brain being our best business tool :rofl:

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
Super useful list!

I've relied on Trello and Zapier quite heavily. Very useful to get things done and automate things, respectively.

I actually expected this to be about our brain being our best business tool :rofl:
Funny you say that, when MJ originally sent the text, I actually started typing ...

“my ears”.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Surprised fiverrr isn't on the list, awesome platform to hire out some work.

Brrr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Jul 28, 2019
Canva - Lifesaver, absolutely shocked that this thing is free. Even a graphically inept person like myself can make decent signage, vouchers, posters, etc.
Shopify -Pretty self-explanatory, sped up my website so much compared to Wordpress/Woocommerce and helped manage orders. Don't know if I will stick to it as
iZettle - Very nice and convenient card payment processor, fixed fee and came with a nice Point of Sale system with it. Will probably be moving to a card processor that has lower fees and a new POS system.
RotaCloud - One of the best things to happen to my business. Amazing staff management tool, very easy to manage shifts at multiple locations. Keeps track of hours which is a godsend for payroll, in busy times you can create open shifts which people can claim so you can easily match changes in work requirement. Very professional interface. Also manages holidays and days off. Made the business much more professional behind the scenes.
Xero - Go to accounting software, assume it is much the same as quickbooks. Also used for invoicing for wholesale.
Revolut Business- Not really a tool, but very good for international purchases, hoping to move all my banking to this due to the superior mobile apps and ease of account splitting so I can actually try profit first techniques.
Google G-suite (or whatever it's called now) - very hard to beat the google ecosystem when it comes to email, calendar, etc.

Currently evaluating various MRP software (Manufacturing Resource Planning), looking at MRPeasy and Katana, with the former seeming a bit more suitable. In theory, comes with CRM and stock management. Open to suggestions in this regard. Will be interesting to learn and implement these. Could never get comfortable on Airtable.

Would love to have better social media management systems, but that's a whole different issue.

IsaacButler

New Contributor
Mar 4, 2021
Thanks for sharing this list, it is very useful, especially for beginners. Provided sites and applications are really good and easy to use, I personally use them every day. However, I didn't notice to be mentioned a site that helps you to make a custom stamp, while I was building my business I needed it. I looked for something like that on the internet and found this site https://mystampready.com/en/constructor/. It is very easy to use and the stamp is ready in some minutes. I really hope that I helped someone.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.