The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Barter Game, You In?

Is there enough interest to keep the Barter Game going?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
sweet for sure. pm me your address and how many plants you want and I will send them out this week.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Cherries for Berries, the first deal. :eusa_clap:

Is it agreed? If so let me know and I'll mark those items off the list.

I'll add 2 new ones.

Sparlin: SpinBank (new in package) drop any coin in and it spins on a pedistool. Great as a kids toy or a place to store pocket change.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cON3FLtiSY[/ame]

Sparlin: Levitron OMEGA (New/Unwrapped in box)- a physics toy that uses magnetism to levitate at spinning top. It take some effort to balance out the magnets, but works well once it is set up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6cFsS8-mqI&feature=related[/ame]

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Would you have more plants leftover for trading after you send him however many plants?

Fastlane Lesson 1.0- do not assume gender of anyone here. ATW is female. I know you meant know offense, just wanted you to know.

Second, in regards to your question, I will let you know by this weekend. How many would you want for the cookie press?

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Fastlane Lesson 1.0- do not assume gender of anyone here. ATW is female. I know you meant know offense, just wanted you to know.

Typos are easy :).... but it 's a good point. I sent him an email about that this morning.

It seems your strawberry plants are the hot item right now. Thanks guys for getting this going.

More items are still needed, and offers need to be made for the game to advance.

I think qwerety was interested in the Cobain DVD,... wonder how he will get that?
Any suggestions?

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
RULES CHANGE: REFER TO PERMALINK #37
****************************************************************************************************

LIST OF ITEMS:

Jonleehacker: 21 Domain Names Refer to Permalink #4

Fanocks2003: two tickets to a Christopher Howard event (NLP event/seminar) in Sydney, Australia in September 2009 Permalink #16

AroundTheWorld: small box of books, dog,raw wool( black), 4 jars of canned Flathead cherries, sheep, hand knitted dish rags. (you choose the colors. yellow. green. white. blue) Refer to Permalink #35

Rcardin: Amateur Video of Curt Cobain and Nirvana Playing Tree's on Deep Ellum in Dallas rerer to permalink #36

Sparlin: one unpopular magic trick. Refer to entire thread :)

Qwerety: Pampered Chef Cookie Press (New) Refer to permalink #41

RealOG:2 DVDs, 6 Back issues of Architectual Digest refer to permalink #44

Sparlin: North American Coins refer to permalink #47

Sparlin: New BICYCLE Playing Cards (Black Deck) refer to permalink #47

Kurtyordy: 10 strawberry plants. Refer to permalink #55.

Sparlin: Spinbank refer to permalink #63

Sparlin: Levitron OMEGA (New/Unwrapped in box) refer to permalink #63

Phgirl: 1 lb bag of La Colombe Coffee, 6 Philly Soft Pretzels, 4 oz bag of Japanese Green loose tea. Refer to permalink #70

^Eagle^: Inflatable Pumpkin with Pepsi Emblem. Inflatable Pepsi Bottle. Refer to Permalink #74

Anyone interested in trading or listing items, go for it. Just post your name, the item description and a pic (if you have one). You can offer anything legal (except for cash) in exchange for a listed item. Good Luck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI

Second, in regards to your question, I will let you know by this weekend. How many would you want for the cookie press?
Thanks for telling me.

About the strawberry plants, how many strawberries could you get with 1 plant? Also, how long would a plant last? Like say one gave up about 20 berries at a time how many more cycles of berries would it grow. Whats a good estimate for that?

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
TRADE OFFER 1

Rcardin:

I’ll offer you the Hot Rod trick, One Spin Bank, and an additional 5 Card Trick in exchange for a copy of the Cobain Video.

TRADE OFFER 2

Qwerety:

I’ll give you the Cobain video for the Cookie Press.

TRADE OFFER 3

I’ll offer the Cookie Press for trade, but new posts must be made.

Let’s see if this gets something going. Counter offers can be made.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
I will offer the following:

• 1 lb bag of La Colombe Coffee - Philadelphia company, orginated in 1933 - coffee give the highest possible review by the Coffee Review Board (whoever they are) ;)
  • 6 Philly Soft Pretzels, with mustard (must be shipped via overnight mail)
  • 4 oz bag of Japanese Green loose tea - from Tea Leaf, Inc., at the Reading Terminal, Philadelphia (no fancy rating here, I just bought way too much!!)
ATW - can I knit with that wool? If so, any ideas as to what I might be able to make (novice knitter here......)

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
Hey guys, Unfortunately I have to take a short leave of absence from the game.

I will have no internet access until the first of aug. I will be doing some camping and fishing at the coast. Gotta fill the Freezer till November when we go back again.

My daughter with a 2 foot bonnet head shark, me with a 29" red, my wife with a 27" Spanish Mackerel on our last trip 2 weeks ago.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Nice Pics. Enjoy the fishing. I remember swimming off a peer in North Carolina all day, then I went fishing there that night only to learn they just caught a 5 foot tiger shark where I had been swimming. :float: Oh well.

I'm not sure if the game is going to keep going, it depends if I there will be enough interest in it continueing. For now, do you want to leave the DVD up for bids, or pull it?

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
I have a giant blow up pumpkin with a Pepsi emblem on it along with a blow up giant pepsi bottle. Each is over three feet tall! Post some pics up soon.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Round 2 ended with a couple of trades in progress. Right now things are moving slowly, however there seems to be enough interest that I'll keep it going. Next Round ends on Friday at 10pm Central.

Remember, the goal is to learn how to leverage your assets to get things you want. Post items and trade until you acquire something of value to you. It may take 3 or 4 unfavorable trades in order to obtain your end goal. You don't have to mail off your trades until the 3rd business day, so you will have some time to trade off an undesired item (you don't have to mail each one that way). I have to admit, making a good trade is a bit challenging, but that’s the whole purpose. Try to make an unfavorable situation one that works to your advantage. Think you can do it? I’m not sure you can (Intentional ribbing). Good Luck!

Current Items are listed above in Permalink #67

Please see the poll at the top of the thread. Thankyou.

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
I'm waiting for rcardin to get back, because I liked your offers in post 69 and I want to see if that goes through. I don't really have any suggestions or anything for the game. Seems fine to me and the only way it could be better is if we had more people participating, but that has nothing to do with the setup of the game.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Another round has ended. I thought I would post this link for those who haven't seen it to show how barters can work and the potential of negotiating trades. I was hoping this could be a learning tool of sorts while still entertaining. Thanks to all who have participated. At this point, I'm just going to leave the game open for a few more weeks. If it's still slow, I'll close it out.

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/off-topic-discussion/16813-one-red-paperclip.html

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
TRADE OFFER 1

Rcardin:

I’ll offer you the Hot Rod trick, One Spin Bank, and an additional 5 Card Trick in exchange for a copy of the Cobain Video.

TRADE OFFER 2

Qwerety:

I’ll give you the Cobain video for the Cookie Press.

TRADE OFFER 3

I’ll offer the Cookie Press for trade, but new posts must be made.

Let’s see if this gets something going. Counter offers can be made.

This was the original offer made weeks ago. Qwerety is after your Cobain dvd, or at least a copy of it. I don't know if there is still any interest in the cookie press.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.