The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why would you not play this game?

Idea threads

Why did you not play the game "Brainstorming Boring Business Ideas"?

• I don't want to create boring business ideas, I want to create amazing ideas

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I don't have any good ideas to contribute

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I have no time to brainstorm business ideas, but might play later

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm generally not interested in creating business ideas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think this is valuable to me (If voted, please specify, why)

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Kirk84

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jun 9, 2020
Munich, Germany
Forum, can you please help me understand this?

Recently, forum member @MTF created the thread Let's Play A Game: Brainstorming Boring Business Ideas

Sadly, only very few members would join in to play, which is something I was extremely surprised by. Originally, I thought the game looks like great fun and like an amazing opportunity to research and understand different markets and to come up with creative and novel ideas.

But it seems like others did not think the same. I'm trying to understand why this is the case.

To all of you, who have NOT played this game: Why did you not join in?

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Skipped it because I skimmed and thought it was the same as that Gold "name unsexy business ideas" thread

But now see it is quite different.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
1. Didn't see it.

2. Too busy building actual businesses to help others brainstorm business ideas when they won't actually take action on the information.

3. WIIFM.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022

Recently, forum member @MTF created the thread Let's Play A Game: Brainstorming Boring Business Ideas

Sadly, only very few members would join in to play, which is something I was extremely surprised by. Originally, I thought the game looks like great fun and like an amazing opportunity to research and understand different markets and to come up with creative and novel ideas.

But it seems like others did not think the same. I'm trying to understand why this is the case.

Thank you!
Execution > Ideas

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Thank you!
Personally I don’t like just filling in the names without any industry insight. It becomes naming industry directories.

It would be good if someone has some insight, at least even from a consumer/customer point of view, or knows/have talked to someone that is still doing it.

I would say when it comes to selling to C, baby boomer is a big market. Non-IT savy, huge purchasing power.

-Retirement Service
-Healthcare

If I were a “digital nomad” in thailand I would want to draft retirement packages and planning for Australian boomers to relocate to Thailand for example. Settle the accommodation, healthcare, and other necessary issues for them..

These services tend to lead to higher ticket sales/transactions but harder to scale, because boomer are not tech savy and talking to old people need a lot of patience that most people don’t have. This results in the very ambitious business people tend to ignore this sector. For that reason I think it usually lead to not so crowded competition. You actually find that most business that are servicing boomers are actually run by boomers too (with no successor in sight).

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Thank you!
Ok, let me ask you this, why should I take the time to play this?

I'm not going to reply to a post that says, read this, go brainstorm and then come back and post your answer.

I brainstorm a ton of ideas all the time. After all that thinking, when I come up with an idea that sounds good in my head. Why am I going to come here and then post it? I guess I could post things that I came up with, but then later dismissed due to a flaw. But do I post the idea and the flaw also? Or do I just post the idea, knowing that I think it's a bad idea.

Kirk84

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jun 9, 2020
Munich, Germany
Thank you all! This thread was never meant to motivate someone to take part in the game. I genuinely want to understand my personal biases.

I had some really valuable insights through your help:
  • Creating valuable business ideas only in your head is most likely NOT going to lead to great results
  • Look at existing profitable solutions in a certain market, understand their weaknesses and understand how to copy and improve them
  • To understand a markets problems means your need to take a step into the market and understand the participants
  • Most importantly: IDEAS HAVE NO VALUE ON THEIR OWN. EXECUTION IS WHAT GENERATES VALUE.
  • Thus, excessively creating business ideas only in your head, without stepping into the market and without talking to market participants and without EXECUTION, is a massive action fake

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.