The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

That Time of Year.. Again

RAC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 22, 2022
Hello All,

Figured I'd give an introduction after being a longtime lurker, reading TMF , and creating an account on this forum.

I'm 27 years old, currently working in the Nuclear industry with an education in Electrical/Electronics traveling the Country, outage season has commenced again which entails working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3-4 months twice a year (I'm at work as we speak.) While the money is fantastic, reading TMF has really opened my eyes and lit a fire under me to pursue financial freedom. I'm in the slowlane trading an absurd amount of MY time for $$$, living in hotels traveling and hate it (who really wants to be ambassador elite status with Marriot?), my parents are growing older by the day, my friends grow distant, and the list goes on. I WANT change.

The change has started, every day for the past 3-4 weeks I've been writing ideas down brainstorming, while in public or talking to someone I've listened for those key words that I learned from the book: I hate this, Man I wish this, etc. and one day it finally hit me while thinking of my past, it was in front of me the entire time.

I've spent the last few days scouring the internet, researching for competition looking to see who and to what scale I would have to outperform as well as getting a feel for market demand and to my dismay I haven't stumbled upon anything as my previous employment experience was in a niche industry utilized by a wide array of companies worldwide.

This brings me to my idea and implementation, I will be starting a B2B web based business that links customers to businesses offering said service, aiding the customer(another business) in receiving the best price point while the business profits without spending revenue on marketing. This solves a major pain point for each which pretty much kills 2 birds with 1 stone. These services that I'll be 'middle manning' are re-occuring, with the consumer not paying a penny to me.

I've been researching website builders and am aware that while I can utilize them to some extent, I will likely need to hire outside help to develop some features in order to customize the user experience and have things operate cohesively. My plan of attack is to continue researching, reading the forums to gain additional business insight, knowledge, and begin implementing these actions to create a real product/website. I will still be working full time for the next 6-8 months as things progress (I can work on this a large majority of my time at work as I'm called on if something breaks to offer my technical expertise) and hope to step down from my Corporate in May/June of next year.

Some questions below that I would like feedback/advise on:

1. In regards to the Business that I'm providing service too, initially I plan on charging a small % of the final sale amount 1%-3% until I am able to grow and expand traffic etc, after that I'm weighing options of charging a subscription based access fee

2. Another thought in the back of my mind, after I link the parties via the service I am providing, what's to stop them from cutting me out/is there a way that I can mitigate this risk? In the grand scheme it's in the purchasing parties interest to continue using my website to verify their still receiving the best price.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I look foward to being an active member.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard.

2. Another thought in the back of my mind, after I link the parties via the service I am providing, what's to stop them from cutting me out/is there a way that I can mitigate this risk? In the grand scheme it's in the purchasing parties interest to continue using my website to verify their still receiving the best price.

If you're providing lead generation, they naturally do cut you out unless you mediate the transaction with some type of escrow service. Or, you quarantine necessary data to comply for payment.

Hard to say without knowing more behind the transaction.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Welcome aboard.

If you're providing lead generation, they naturally do cut you out unless you mediate the transaction with some type of escrow service. Or, you quarantine necessary data to comply for payment.

Hard to say without knowing more behind the transaction.
thanks you dad MJ for answering him.

but I would like you to explain a little more.
If you can tell a little more about it that would be wonderful, taking a example from any transaction you have ever used or experienced. Thank you.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
Hello All,

Figured I'd give an introduction after being a longtime lurker, reading TMF , and creating an account on this forum.

I'm 27 years old, currently working in the Nuclear industry with an education in Electrical/Electronics traveling the Country, outage season has commenced again which entails working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3-4 months twice a year (I'm at work as we speak.) While the money is fantastic, reading TMF has really opened my eyes and lit a fire under me to pursue financial freedom. I'm in the slowlane trading an absurd amount of MY time for $$$, living in hotels traveling and hate it (who really wants to be ambassador elite status with Marriot?), my parents are growing older by the day, my friends grow distant, and the list goes on. I WANT change.

The change has started, every day for the past 3-4 weeks I've been writing ideas down brainstorming, while in public or talking to someone I've listened for those key words that I learned from the book: I hate this, Man I wish this, etc. and one day it finally hit me while thinking of my past, it was in front of me the entire time.

I've spent the last few days scouring the internet, researching for competition looking to see who and to what scale I would have to outperform as well as getting a feel for market demand and to my dismay I haven't stumbled upon anything as my previous employment experience was in a niche industry utilized by a wide array of companies worldwide.

This brings me to my idea and implementation, I will be starting a B2B web based business that links customers to businesses offering said service, aiding the customer(another business) in receiving the best price point while the business profits without spending revenue on marketing. This solves a major pain point for each which pretty much kills 2 birds with 1 stone. These services that I'll be 'middle manning' are re-occuring, with the consumer not paying a penny to me.

I've been researching website builders and am aware that while I can utilize them to some extent, I will likely need to hire outside help to develop some features in order to customize the user experience and have things operate cohesively. My plan of attack is to continue researching, reading the forums to gain additional business insight, knowledge, and begin implementing these actions to create a real product/website. I will still be working full time for the next 6-8 months as things progress (I can work on this a large majority of my time at work as I'm called on if something breaks to offer my technical expertise) and hope to step down from my Corporate in May/June of next year.

Some questions below that I would like feedback/advise on:

1. In regards to the Business that I'm providing service too, initially I plan on charging a small % of the final sale amount 1%-3% until I am able to grow and expand traffic etc, after that I'm weighing options of charging a subscription based access fee

Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I look foward to being an active member.
You obviously have very valuable skills and nuclear is a hot topic nowadays. Is there a possibility to provide high level consulting services regarding this issue?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

namari

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Oct 4, 2022
inspirational read
welcome to the forum

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.