My apologies for the lengthy post but, it's worth it!
I have been trying to get out of the Slowlane for years (didn't know that's where I was, just knew I wasn't where I wanted to be). I started a business back in 2007 with the hopes of not having to trade "5 for 2" but, it failed about a year later. I was getting "that feeling" again about 8 months ago so, I quit my job, started the company back up but, with a different business model. It was going o.k. but, it still didn't "feel" right.
During this time, to try to make "ends meet" I started looking for ways to save money. By any means possible. I started sharing what I had been doing with friends and family and they were AMAZED! A bunch of them even said, "Hey! You should teach a class!" There are a lot of people that would PAY YOU to learn this!" So I started a 2nd company, We Are Savvy Savers.
Now, this second company, while completely different (and honestly, I didn't know a thing about how to get it to market, business model, etc.) was very intriging. The response I initially got was overwhelming. People where super excited to learn what I knew! In my quest to figure out how to get it all done, start the company, create a product, get it to market (..mind you, this is COMPLETELY different than my 1st company) I stumbled across TheFastlaneForum.
Once I landed here, I immediately put my guard up. "Yeah, right, a bunch of Millionaires, sharing the secrets to how they got there" "I don't think so". But, I was drawn to it. Like a moth to a flame. The more I trolled, the more excited I got and the more ideas ran through my head. So much so, I had to get the book.
I was broke as a joke (still am!). I didn't even have the sub $25 to buy it. Thankfully, a family member said they would buy it for me. Shortly after, a forum member PM'd me and offered to buy me the book! I was floored! I had only posted a few times and yet, this complete stranger was willing to help me out! Amazing. (and thank you!)
I get the book, open it up and CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! Not only did it explain the way I had been feeling for years about the J.O.B but, explained why I was there AND HOW TO GET OUT! Now my mind is running rampant! Never before did I have a clarity and excitment about business. So, I begin my journey.
While on the forum I see a forum member named "MJ DeMarco" posted! "Huh!" "That CAN'T be the guy who WROTE THE BOOK?" "Can it?" I was skeptical at best until, I realized, this IS the guy who wrote the book! Just to test my conclusion, I was having a problem accessing the forum, so I found MJ on social networks and pleaded my case. SON OF A BITCH! He replied to me there too! Not only that, but, was determined to figure out the issue so I could get back to the forum. His determination, to care about 1 forum member, INCREDIBLE!
Now, while on the forum, I see that "MJ" is reading a book that grabs my attention "Ca$hvertising". Hmm... well, I figure, if the guy that wrote MFL feels that book is worth a read, I will too. (Not too mention, Advertising is going to be a key role in my 2nd company, like it is or should be for any business)
I acquire, Ca$hvertising and again, I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! Amazing insight to the likes of which I have never seen. Very detailed information that leaves you wanting more at the turn of every page. At the end of the book, the author invites you to email him with questions or comments. "Huh! Yeah RIGHT! Like if I email him, he's REALLY gonna respond to little ole' me?!" YUP! He did! Within 24 hours! I wasn't real excited about his response though. I had asked him to critique my new website from an advertising standpoint. He SHREDDED it. oh well, redesign again. Live and learn.
So, why am I writing all this? Simple. MJ Demarco and Drew Eric Whitman have had a PROFOUND effect on my life and my family. Not only have they both written AMAZING books but, they both openly interact with their "consumers". Customer Service at it's best. There is a lot to be learned not only from the book but, from this forum and from these great men.
So I scream from the Mountian Tops......
READ THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
I have been trying to get out of the Slowlane for years (didn't know that's where I was, just knew I wasn't where I wanted to be). I started a business back in 2007 with the hopes of not having to trade "5 for 2" but, it failed about a year later. I was getting "that feeling" again about 8 months ago so, I quit my job, started the company back up but, with a different business model. It was going o.k. but, it still didn't "feel" right.
During this time, to try to make "ends meet" I started looking for ways to save money. By any means possible. I started sharing what I had been doing with friends and family and they were AMAZED! A bunch of them even said, "Hey! You should teach a class!" There are a lot of people that would PAY YOU to learn this!" So I started a 2nd company, We Are Savvy Savers.
Now, this second company, while completely different (and honestly, I didn't know a thing about how to get it to market, business model, etc.) was very intriging. The response I initially got was overwhelming. People where super excited to learn what I knew! In my quest to figure out how to get it all done, start the company, create a product, get it to market (..mind you, this is COMPLETELY different than my 1st company) I stumbled across TheFastlaneForum.
Once I landed here, I immediately put my guard up. "Yeah, right, a bunch of Millionaires, sharing the secrets to how they got there" "I don't think so". But, I was drawn to it. Like a moth to a flame. The more I trolled, the more excited I got and the more ideas ran through my head. So much so, I had to get the book.
I was broke as a joke (still am!). I didn't even have the sub $25 to buy it. Thankfully, a family member said they would buy it for me. Shortly after, a forum member PM'd me and offered to buy me the book! I was floored! I had only posted a few times and yet, this complete stranger was willing to help me out! Amazing. (and thank you!)
I get the book, open it up and CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! Not only did it explain the way I had been feeling for years about the J.O.B but, explained why I was there AND HOW TO GET OUT! Now my mind is running rampant! Never before did I have a clarity and excitment about business. So, I begin my journey.
While on the forum I see a forum member named "MJ DeMarco" posted! "Huh!" "That CAN'T be the guy who WROTE THE BOOK?" "Can it?" I was skeptical at best until, I realized, this IS the guy who wrote the book! Just to test my conclusion, I was having a problem accessing the forum, so I found MJ on social networks and pleaded my case. SON OF A BITCH! He replied to me there too! Not only that, but, was determined to figure out the issue so I could get back to the forum. His determination, to care about 1 forum member, INCREDIBLE!
Now, while on the forum, I see that "MJ" is reading a book that grabs my attention "Ca$hvertising". Hmm... well, I figure, if the guy that wrote MFL feels that book is worth a read, I will too. (Not too mention, Advertising is going to be a key role in my 2nd company, like it is or should be for any business)
I acquire, Ca$hvertising and again, I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! Amazing insight to the likes of which I have never seen. Very detailed information that leaves you wanting more at the turn of every page. At the end of the book, the author invites you to email him with questions or comments. "Huh! Yeah RIGHT! Like if I email him, he's REALLY gonna respond to little ole' me?!" YUP! He did! Within 24 hours! I wasn't real excited about his response though. I had asked him to critique my new website from an advertising standpoint. He SHREDDED it. oh well, redesign again. Live and learn.
So, why am I writing all this? Simple. MJ Demarco and Drew Eric Whitman have had a PROFOUND effect on my life and my family. Not only have they both written AMAZING books but, they both openly interact with their "consumers". Customer Service at it's best. There is a lot to be learned not only from the book but, from this forum and from these great men.
So I scream from the Mountian Tops......
READ THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
