The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Teenager checking in!

D

Deleted48496

Hello people! I joined this community around 1.5 month ago. I've always been a silent reader, and I want to change that, hence, I decided to start from this very first thread, by introducing myself.

I'm Satvik, 16 years old who is currently a high school student. I've been sick of hearing of that the "traditional safe route" (aka school->uni->job) is the ONLY door to success and happiness in life.

I want to change that, and I have decided to start my very own dropshipping business along with school work. Yes, sorry, if you thought, i'm going to say that i'm a millionaire who quit highschool few months back. Jokes aside, Is anyone into dropshipping here? I need help in setting up my shopify account.

Lastly, I would like to thank MJ and everyone on this site for making this community happen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreeBy23

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 18, 2017
Maryland
Dropshipping is an alright idea in some cases but you do have to be careful. Some niches are much more saturated than others and will yield low margins for the effort so be sure to do your research. I personally haven't done it but if I have any advice it's to provide stellar customer service, that will absolutely get you recognized and with repeat customers.

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Hello people! I joined this community around 1.5 month ago. I've always been a silent reader, and I want to change that, hence, I decided to start from this very first thread, by introducing myself.

I'm Satvik, 16 years old who is currently a high school student. I've been sick of hearing of that the "traditional safe route" (aka school->uni->job) is the ONLY door to success and happiness in life.

I want to change that, and I have decided to start my very own dropshipping business along with school work. Yes, sorry, if you thought, i'm going to say that i'm a millionaire who quit highschool few months back. Jokes aside, Is anyone into dropshipping here? I need help in setting up my shopify account.

Lastly, I would like to thank MJ and everyone on this site for making this community happen.

WELCOME! I wish I thought that way when I was a teenager, best of luck on your business!

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have decided to start my very own dropshipping business

Awesome - this can be an excellent avenue to learn a lot of good lessons on a limited budget. It's getting exceedingly hard to "make it" doing this, but if you can set up a drop shipping business you can translate many of this skills to other methods as well.

I need help in setting up my shopify account.

I've struggled with this as well. Some people here are happy help with specific questions and struggles but for MOST things the answers are out there if you google, submit tickets to shopify, post on the official shopify forums, etc... And of course hiring consultants is always a possibility if you have the budget for that. My recommendation is to change as little as possible - it can become a nightmare quickly.

Welcome and good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted48496

Dropshipping is an alright idea in some cases but you do have to be careful. Some niches are much more saturated than others and will yield low margins for the effort so be sure to do your research. I personally haven't done it but if I have any advice it's to provide stellar customer service, that will absolutely get you recognized and with repeat customers.

Noted! Thank you.

D

Deleted48496

Awesome - this can be an excellent avenue to learn a lot of good lessons on a limited budget. It's getting exceedingly hard to "make it" doing this, but if you can set up a drop shipping business you can translate many of this skills to other methods as well.

I've struggled with this as well. Some people here are happy help with specific questions and struggles but for MOST things the answers are out there if you google, submit tickets to shopify, post on the official shopify forums, etc... And of course hiring consultants is always a possibility if you have the budget for that. My recommendation is to change as little as possible - it can become a nightmare quickly.

Welcome and good luck!

Hey @JAJT, thank you for replying! Where can i ask questions on this forum? i mean, i see so many categories, i'm not sure which one would be most appropriate. if you don't mind, can you lead me to it?

Also, shopify won't be able to help with it because it's not from there side, but it's because of my bank's regulations. Here, in my country, we can't use our debit card on international sites which have non-vbv gateway. (meaning, my bank sends an one time password whenever an transaction is initiated, and we have to write that on the bank site while doing payment) however, as you know, shopify does not have vbv gateway, so it doesn't redirect me to my bank website. and it directly shows a payment failed screen!

Now, since i'm under 18, i'm limited to very FEW banks (which allow teenagers to open bank account) and all of them doesn't allow international transactions. so, i'm quite stuck on this very step.

Anyway, thank you again!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...