The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taxes: Setting up a company in the United Arab Emirates?

Taxes and regulation

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019
A friend has told me about the option he has chosen to reduce the taxes he pays. He has created a company Shams, in the United Arab Emirates.

I prefer that the company be in my country, but everything has a price.

Creation seems easy and fast, and the country seems safe. The reviews on Google are excellent.
  • 0% corporate or personal income tax
  • Company setup options starting from AED 5,750 (1,565 USD)
Does anyone know this option or similar?

1687261686898.png
1687261712069.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
Your company must be located in the country you do business in.

Otherwise everyone would put their company there and not pay taxes.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019

Thanks for the point. Maybe I should have indicated that my company is online and sells worldwide.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Thanks for the point. Maybe I should have indicated that my company is online and sells worldwide.
It doesn't matter. Most countries have CFC rules that will tax your foreign company as if it was a local one. You're taxed wherever all the decisions are made and if you're the sole owner, you'll be taxed in your home country unless you cease being a tax resident there.

You'd have to physically move to the UAE, or to another tax haven, or to a country that doesn't tax foreign income.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019
It doesn't matter. Most countries have CFC rules that will tax your foreign company as if it was a local one. You're taxed wherever all the decisions are made and if you're the sole owner, you'll be taxed in your home country unless you cease being a tax resident there.

You'd have to physically move to the UAE, or to another tax haven, or to a country that doesn't tax foreign income.
Thank you very much. I did not know that. I thought you could create a company abroad, being a resident there through the virtual visa they have there. And do not pay taxes in your country until you repatriate the benefits.

My friend who did it is from India and he says he hasn't had any problems. That he only visits the Emirates once a year.

Thank you so much for opening my eyes.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Thank you very much. I did not know that. I thought you could create a company abroad, being a resident there through the virtual visa they have there. And do not pay taxes in your country until you repatriate the benefits.

My friend who did it is from India and he says he hasn't had any problems. That he only visits the Emirates once a year.

Thank you so much for opening my eyes.

Looks like it works in India because it's one of the few countries that doesn't have CFC laws:

Unlike most OECD member countries, India does not have CFC provisions in its domestic tax legislation. CFC provisions were included in the Direct Taxes Code Bill, 2010, new legislation proposed to replace the current Income Tax Act, 1961, that was presented to parliament in August 2010 but lapsed without being passed.

But if you're from a country that does have CFC laws, you can't do it legally. Some people do it and hope the government doesn't catch them. And maybe it won't. Or maybe it will and your tax savings will not be worth it as you'll lose your freedom.

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019
Looks like it works in India because it's one of the few countries that doesn't have CFC laws:

But if you're from a country that does have CFC laws, you can't do it legally. Some people do it and hope the government doesn't catch them. And maybe it won't. Or maybe it will and your tax savings will not be worth it as you'll lose your freedom.
From what I see, the USA and the EU have CFC standards.

Thank you very much for your comment, you have clarified for me in a minute what would have taken me hours and hours of efforts that would have been useless.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

This is not correct information. This is a complex topic, but this advice is just plain wrong.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

CFC rules are very complex and very from country to country.

There are often loopholes avoiding CFC reporting but it gets very tricky.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
A friend has told me about the option he has chosen to reduce the taxes he pays. He has created a company Shams, in the United Arab Emirates.

I prefer that the company be in my country, but everything has a price.

Creation seems easy and fast, and the country seems safe. The reviews on Google are excellent.
  • 0% corporate or personal income tax
  • Company setup options starting from AED 5,750 (1,565 USD)
Does anyone know this option or similar?

View attachment 49460
View attachment 49461
This is an extremely complex topic.

I'd need to know a lot more detail to give any advice.

Some of that detail you should be post online.

Your citizenship, tax residency, physical residency, nature of business, location of clients, currency, banking, etc are all factors.

Just because your buddy did it and hasn't had any issues didn't mean it's correct.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.