The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking the Erotica Leap

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Update:

YA story is doing... decently, I suppose. It's ranked #56,844 in the paid kindle store. Being part one of a three part series, and under a brand new pen name, I think that's good. Will get the other two parts up soon and then run the first part for free over a weekend. See how that goes.

I am finishing up my Thicker than Blood series. Five parts to it, and I'm grouping all five with a bit of bonus material into Fallen Hard, the Thicker than Blood novel. Part 5 and the complete novel will be going up on Amazon tomorrow. Here is the cover for the full novel:

bde4a85e-7f6f-49ab-9bc6-0dc665b8a31f.jpg

Whew, what a day!

Next, I will be working on my wolf shifter series. Currently, there is just one part up (of approx 10k words) and it's doing best of all of my books. (Currently ranked #14,989 in the paid kindle store)

Gotta keep pluggin' away!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
You're making some amazing progress, congrats!

One thing about a mult-part book, I do think some readers wait to buy until the whole series is available. I'm betting your rank will just keep getting higher with every new offering. Can't wait to see!

jimr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 5, 2012
London, UK
Update:

YA story is doing... decently, I suppose. It's ranked #56,844 in the paid kindle store. Being part one of a three part series, and under a brand new pen name, I think that's good. Will get the other two parts up soon and then run the first part for free over a weekend. See how that goes.

I am finishing up my Thicker than Blood series. Five parts to it, and I'm grouping all five with a bit of bonus material into Fallen Hard, the Thicker than Blood novel. Part 5 and the complete novel will be going up on Amazon tomorrow. Here is the cover for the full novel:

bde4a85e-7f6f-49ab-9bc6-0dc665b8a31f.jpg

Whew, what a day!

Next, I will be working on my wolf shifter series. Currently, there is just one part up (of approx 10k words) and it's doing best of all of my books. (Currently ranked #14,989 in the paid kindle store)

Gotta keep pluggin' away!

Excellent work. The book covers are pretty impressive - they alone should be enough to generate interest in your books.

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Excellent work. The book covers are pretty impressive - they alone should be enough to generate interest in your books.

Thank you! :embarrased:

I had a nice surprise this morning when I woke up and found that Altered, my YA, is at #37,892 in the paid kindle store... and #99 in the ebooks> teen & Young adult> Romance> Sci fi & Dystopian category! :)

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
Thank you! :embarrased:

I had a nice surprise this morning when I woke up and found that Altered, my YA, is at #37,892 in the paid kindle store... and #99 in the ebooks> teen & Young adult> Romance> Sci fi & Dystopian category! :)
Fun times! You are definitely gaining some traction, and in several different categories/sub-categories. Good work!

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX

Held for Ransom

Butt In Chair
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
436%
Apr 22, 2013
Denver, CO
Part 5, Azariah's Rage and the Thicker than Blood novel, Fallen Hard, is up on Amazon, baby!

Quit checking those sales woman. Get to work! :) J/K but not really...

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Quit checking those sales woman. Get to work! :) J/K but not really...

Ha ha ha ha! Too funny! You caught me! (Actually, I was taking a break from checkin' sales to work on a cover. But... now that you mention it... LOL) :happy:

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Hey all! Hope you're having a good Saturday!

I started work in the next book in my Broken Alpha series today. I got the outline done, the cover done and I'm 3k words into it so far but I'm aiming for 4.5k tonight at least. I'm planning on about 15-17k words for this part of the series.

I feel very proud that I have 8 books up since I started working on this in November. I would have more, but a vacation and the flu kinda got in the way! (I know, I know, poor me...) I would like to put up one book a week... I feel that's totally doable.

I think my covers and descriptions are getting better but I feel I still need to work on description writing. Other than that, learning to show and not tell in writing is my other area of work. By reading popular stories in my genre, I'm taking mental notes on how the other authors word things - how they describe situations, feelings and actions. Huge help.

On a side note, I was checking out the "look inside" on Fallen Hard... and I had a YIKES moment! It got to a naughty part before the free sample ended! So, I was proactive and wrote to Amazon, asking them if they could shorten the length of the "look inside" because I was concerned that young readers might stumble upon the naughty. They are going to adjust it to end right before the colorful graphics begin. :) Just an FYI in case anyone else wondered about that.

Back to work! (I see you giving me the stink-eye, HfR!) :)

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Happy Friday, everyone! Wanted to post a little update:

Published my 9th book today (the 8th under my main pen name). It's the 2nd part of a series out of 3. The first part of the series has been doing pretty decent, been enjoying 8-15 sales per day this month. (Not CoS's or CH's numbers... but not too shabby) So, we'll see what the second part does to those numbers.

Also, working on wrapping up another book for this week. Hope to have it up on Sunday. :)

Held for Ransom

Butt In Chair
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
436%
Apr 22, 2013
Denver, CO
CH is in a class by herself!

Yeah well in TWENTY FIVE YEARS we can all get to where @ChickenHawk is @COSenior so whatever... :cigar:

The first part of the series has been doing pretty decent, been enjoying 8-15 sales per day this month.

Quit checking your sales woman... :shifty:

Also, working on wrapping up another book for this week. Hope to have it up on Sunday.

Do more of this.

Great job @Rainy_TX just stay away from the sales reports girl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Quit checking your sales woman...

Well, sir, you'll be happy to know that I finished the book I was hoping to finish Sunday today instead and it's currently with the editor. (So that's TWO books this week!) Musta felt my ears burning or something... weird.

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I've had a couple of people ask about pre-made covers so I've started putting a few together, if anyone is interested. Pre-made Covers I will be adding more each day.

Something has to pay for the editor! lol

Last edited:

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
I've had a couple of people ask about pre-made covers so I've started putting a few together, if anyone is interested. Pre-made Covers I will be adding more each day. All of my covers
Something has to pay for the editor! lol
Very nice, but I don't see prices. I know you once quoted a price for forum members, but I was under the impression that was for custom covers. Are the pre-mades the same?

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Very nice, but I don't see prices. I know you once quoted a price for forum members, but I was under the impression that was for custom covers. Are the pre-mades the same?

Sorry, I put it in the little descriptions below the premades. :) They are $45.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Rainy, Rainy, Rainy!

Ms. Lady you are getting it in and it's just inspiring.

I'm glad I was able to stop and check in on you... almost 10 books published? It's really only a matter of time, honeybuns!

Dystopian is something I want to get into.... but with my own slant.

This is inspired by The Weeknd, an emo/depressing sounding artist in "Dark R&B". His album KISS LAND is inspired by Blade Runner, especially his song "Tears in the Rain."

I'm not a depressed individual but I've always taken an interest toward the dark and gloomy, so this works.

Okay, rambling but keep going!

Rainy_TX

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Ms. Lady you are getting it in and it's just inspiring.
I'm glad I was able to stop and check in on you... almost 10 books published? It's really only a matter of time, honeybuns!

Thank you! But I'm totally excited for you and the publishing opportunity! I know you've been having a rough start to the month, but I'm confident things will turn out awesome for you. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.