The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking on the BIG guys

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

smmirza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 26, 2011
Hey guys,
After devoting hundreds of hours learning PHP, CSS and HTML I have finally launched a website to take on the big freelance sites like freelancer.com and upwork.com. Really pumped up to see what the reaction will be from the freelancer community. My site zerolancer.com cuts out the middle man by not charging any fees and only allowing American freelancers in. It is still in the beta stage but I am committed to take on the BIG guys and failure is not an option! :)
Check it out: http://www.zerolancer.com and let me know your thoughts!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
Hey guys,
After devoting hundreds of hours learning PHP, CSS and HTML I have finally launched a website to take on the big freelance sites like freelancer.com and upwork.com. Really pumped up to see what the reaction will be from the freelancer community. My site zerolancer.com cuts out the middle man by not charging any fees and only allowing American freelancers in. It is still in the beta stage but I am committed to take on the BIG guys and failure is not an option! :)

Looks good I signed up will report back!

gostorm21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Sep 9, 2014
When you first sign up for an account, the notification says "Welcome to AceMyHomework!". A quick google search reveals that zerolancer and AceMyHomework are basically *exactly* the same, down to the names of the front page testimonies. Did you build both? Or did you copy someone else's?

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
You're missing an n on "when" in your quote

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
When you first sign up for an account, the notification says "Welcome to AceMyHomework!". A quick google search reveals that zerolancer and AceMyHomework are basically *exactly* the same, down to the names of the front page testimonies. Did you build both? Or did you copy someone else's?

Did you copy the code from AceMyHomework? Seems like a cut and paste.

smmirza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 26, 2011
Did you copy the code from AceMyHomework? Seems like a cut and paste.
Yep I built that one as well. This one is based on a freemium model whereas the other one is an escrow site but targets students as well. Thanks for catching that I will update the code.

smmirza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 26, 2011
From first glance, the site looks good.

How are you planning to make money from this?
Well I really have not thought that part through. Might add pay only addon features once it gets traction.

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX
So are the testimonials made up?

Also, I'm sorry but I don't find it believable that during the "hundreds of hours" of coding you never once stopped to think about monetization.

Not thinking about how you get paid may have been a *slight* oversight.

Last edited:

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
Terms of use also referances "scholar"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Hey guys,

Why would i want to hire American freelancers? There so lazy and all they do is complain. I can get a Filipinia for a quarter of the cost which will work twice as hard..

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
Hey guys,
After devoting hundreds of hours learning PHP, CSS and HTML I have finally launched a website . . .
Yep I built that one as well. This one is based on a freemium model whereas the other one is an escrow site but targets students as well. Thanks for catching that I will update the code.
Hmm . . .
—Devotes hundreds of hours to coding, yet comes out with a result that is similar to another site . . .
—Claims he built the other site, which has an escrow model and likely makes revenue, yet never thought about how he was going to monetize second site . . .

Either you just lifted the other site, which—obviously—you did, or your hundreds of hours of coding went into designing the actual template for AceMyHomework . . . In which case you wouldn't have a problem designing an entirely new site. And, also interesting that your contact info for Zerolancer is the same for Acemyhomework. Yes, I know, you did both sites, but your registration for Zerolancer shows that you're in Wisconsin, not Arizona.

A for effort, though?

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
It can't be copied, it says at the bottom that would be "Bad Karma"

as somebody that has spent a lot of money on outsourcing,
  • American only makes no sense to me,
  • you haven't described in any way shape or form how I interact, other than chat with developers,
  • is this programming only, or graphics, or database design, or virtual assistants, data entry, research, analytics?
  • is there any project management?
  • escrow?
  • do you facilitate disputes?
  • what am I signing up for?
  • your terms and conditions are obviously for the original tutoring site

how are you going to "take on" the big boys with no monetization plan? if you can attract a few thousand outsourcers, and few thousand buyers, then what? How do your servers get paid for? What about bandwidth uploading large project specs?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
You should have thought this through better before investing so much time in it.

Next idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.