The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking booking on phone when you also need to get agreement to T&C's

JamesAnnaLee

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Oct 9, 2022
Hi,
Does anybody have a good system - or can tell me what's normal practice - for taking a booking/order on the phone where there is also a long terms&conditions that needs to be agreed to? We take booking on behalf of other companies so I need to be sure they have agreed to the terms, but don't particularly want to read them out unless the customer wants me to.

Just had a call that I didn't feel comfortable to close on the phone because I hadn't yet figured out how I was going to do this :/

- James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

constant-in

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 30, 2023
Canada
Hi there,

interesting question. I have a few thoughts around that, but
*This is not legal advice* :-D

I must admit that I typically don't close via phone, but i have seen that happening. Therefore, some thoughts that you could explore if you havent already are
- Prepare a shorter and easily understandable version of the terms and conditions, highlighting the most important points.
- Before closing the deal on the phone, ask the customer for their email address or phone number and send them the summarized terms and conditions along with a link to the full document.

- Once your customer has received the terms and conditions, ask them to review the document and provide verbal consent to proceed with the booking.
- Inform the customer at the beginning of the call that it will be recorded for quality and compliance purposes.
- After obtaining verbal consent and completing the booking, send a confirmation email to the customer, which includes the booking details and a reminder of the terms and conditions they agreed to.

But if I am honest, there are still some questions that I would have and /or explore.
If you have a service agreement with the company beforehand and want to book for employees after the fact. You can then follow a similar process for obtaining consent, either through email or phone calls.
The country you are offering this service in likely has specific regulations regarding customer consent and call recordings. It is essential to research local laws and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.

I hope that maybe some of these thoughts put you on the right path. I would also love to hear from someone who is actively closing via phone. They might be able to correct me on this one and add to the discussion.

But whatever you do, do your due diligence and ensure that you are compliant with local laws.

Best,

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!