The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking a "retarded" step towards a worthwhile journey

Fulmen Gladius

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 19, 2014
Philippines
Hi to all,

I'm Garret from the Philippines. Let me share an odd and funny story about my life.

In 2003, I took an engineering course in the premiere university of my country. During my freshman year, I excelled in academics. I had a GWA of 1.08, and ranked # 1 in the university dean's list. Back then, I was a full time scholar, full of motivation, and full of aspirations. A lot of people said: "He might be the first summa cum laude in the college of engineering. What a promising student!"

Fast forward 11 years from that date (which is now of course), I'm 1.0 unit (thesis defense and manuscript) away from getting a diploma, already 6 years delayed, just finished applying for an extension, and P100,000 poorer because of a student loan. And the best part is, I decided to suddenly give up finishing my studies just last week.

WTF?!?! ROFL-LMAO

Many people would think that what I did was plain stupid. Some of you will. BUT...

Two weeks ago, a fraternity brother informed me of a rare job opening (property consultant) in a leading real estate developer in my country. Upon learning this, I immediately submitted a resume to the company thru email. The following day, I got the interview, aced it, then attended the training program right after.

Why the heck did I do this?
1. I need to learn and experience sales and marketing;
2. I need to establish professional relationships with my future clients;
3. I need to earn a starting capital for a future business in mind;
4. I need financial freedom; and
5. My gut feeling tells me to do so.

My decision may sound pretty f*cktrd to most people. All my life, I thought that the school-job-marriage paradigm is the way to go. But upon reading TMF and internalizing the fastlane philosophy, I decided to take action right away and grab the rare opportunity to shift my gears to the fastlane. Truly, TMF is life-changing. Does this guarantee success? I don't know, but I'm betting my life on this decision and I'm following my gut right now.

My journey starts right this moment. Hope you guys will support me. Comments (good or bad) are welcome.

My motto in life: "Get rich or die trying.." :rockon:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Sounds promising, good luck on your journey!

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
1. I need to learn and experience sales and marketing;
2. I need to establish professional relationships with my future clients;
3. I need to earn a starting capital for a future business in mind;
4. I need financial freedom; and
5. My gut feeling tells me to do so.

Good luck on your journey. It sounds awesome.

I'd just say you're too close to getting the diploma to give it up. Who knows why it might be useful in the future. Sure, take the job and make it your priority, but I'd just say don't throw away the diploma now that you're SO close to it.

If nothing else, at least close that big chapter of your life with a win.

Fulmen Gladius

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 19, 2014
Philippines
Good luck on your journey. It sounds awesome.
I'd just say you're too close to getting the diploma to give it up. Who knows why it might be useful in the future. Sure, take the job and make it your priority, but I'd just say don't throw away the diploma now that you're SO close to it.
If nothing else, at least close that big chapter of your life with a win.

Thanks for the encouragement brother. Deep inside I'm having thoughts exactly like this. I'll see what I can do then I'll let you know in this thread. Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...