What's new

Switching lanes

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

gryfny

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
205
Location
Europe
Rep Bank
$740
User Power: 141%
Just jotting down some quick bio, mainly for myself to look back on when I have reached the fastlane.

When I was really young, I never wanted to work. When someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up I'd say I would rather be homeless than have a job. Around the age of 10 I did have some entrepreneurial adventures selling bootlegged movies, games and cd's. The margins were great, I only paid for the empty CD-R and could charge 5x the amount. In the end that business quickly died when the internet become available in more and more homes. After that I always felt like I was destined for a slowlane life, but I didn't look forward to it. I look at the regular steps, but I took my time. I was held back one year in high school, I changed subjects at university and in the end I was nearly 28 when I gratuated. I've been doing okay since, making progress at an interesting company and (slowly) increasing my salary.

Last month I read the book I Will Teach You To Be Rich (slowlane material for sure, but insightfull still). This made me finally take action, and put my savings in some indexfunds (still better than 0% interest). However, when I made the overview of my monthy earnings/spendings I realized something. I do I have a quite comfortable live right now, but it's because I have a dirt cheap appartment (student appartment). When I have to move out the next year I will have to spend almost double on rent, and have hardly any left for savings/investing. So something needs to change. When looking up something from I Will Teach You To Be Rich online, I stumbled upon this forum (a thread by JokerCrazyBeatz). While for me it all seemed to make sense that was written in the book, over here not everyone agreed about the ideas. So I decided to check out what the fastlane forum was all about and got the book. MJ makes one hell of a point, there is a way out. I'm now finishing up the last chapters of the book.

The problem is, I don't know what I want to do. Currently I'm working as a software developer and I really like it. In my spare time I work on personal projects (football betting odds scraping, automation of mundane tasks) but I don't think I could market those. I'm thinking about doing freelance work, so I'm currently setting up an Upwork profile. I think that by being in direct contact with clients I'll get a better feel what the market needs, and maybe it'll inspire me in coming up with my own a SaaS project(s).
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Raodl aqfevi. O'wi gopotjif VNG uwis vji metv gix fezt.

Emtu, zitvisfez O jef ep ofie. Ov jetip'v ciip fupi ziv epf ov govt vji PITDV dsovisoe. Ov't cetodemmz e tztvin vjev jimqt dmoipvt hiv e sigapf up disveop tiswodit. Topdi vji enuapvt esi tnemm epf vji qsuditt vu hiv e sigapf ot dancistuni, nutv qiuqmi fup'v cuvjis. O xuamf dsievi e raodl epf ietz qsuditt gus vji dmoipv. Tohp aq vu nz tovi updi epf onqusv vji eavu-gusxesf sami O'wi tiv aq. Vjot xez O xuamf sidiowi vjios nupvjmz uwiswoix epf qsuditt epz sigapft gus vjin eavunevodemmz. Qsugov qis dmoipv (e % ug vji sigapf) xuamf ci tnemm, cav vji quvipvoem pancis ug dmoipvt xuamf ci duapvszxofi.

Juxiwis, O tvancmif aqup e nekus suefcmudl vufez. O katv djidlif epf vji uwiswoixt esi upmz fuxpmuefecmi gsun vji dunqepz xictovi. Vji nupvjmz i-neom vjev esi tipf uav upmz jewi e mopl vu vji dmoipvt edduapv qehi. Etloph vji dmoipvt vu fuxpmuef vji uwiswoix epf tipf ni vjot iedj nupvj xuamf lomm nz ATQ (bisu iggusv gus sigapft).

O'mm vjopl ecuav jux vu xusl esuapf vjot, cideati O cimoiwi vji ofie jet quvipvoem.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom