The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Swedish Entrepreneur in Japan - Hello! Hej! Konnichiwa!

burrex

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jul 20, 2023
Greetings.

My name is Burak (Turkish heritage) and I've been living in Osaka, Japan, since 2015.
Listened to FLM audiobook for the first time in 2019 and have since re-listened to it 2 more times and just finished Unscripted (I'd love a version with MJ narrating it btw!).

I'm 30 now but my FTE happened way back in 2012 when I was still in Sweden working for a customer call center company.
I had so many ideas on how to improve things that weren't efficient and regularly brought it up but obviously there were no changes made.
I was regularly the best performer but that did not translate into more money.

My life wasn't going anywhere so I decided to move to Japan (my version of Pheonix lol).
I spoke no Japanese, had no friends, and little to no money.
I took a government loan and went to Japanese language school for two years, during which I started selling my own private label products (in 2016) just to make some extra cash on the side.

I've since used that experience to outsurce my expertise and now have 4 clients and manage their Amazon Japan accounts.
I don't work a lot to be honest and there are many things I outsource to others which makes life even easier.

Obviously getting to this point required a lot of hard work and this past year I've networked furiously in order to 2x my income.

However, while I do have passive income, I'm not even close to becoming a millionaire.

From last year I started focusing on a new venture after identifying a gap in the food market in Japan: There are no Protein Ice Creams here.

Being an avid gym goer, eating healthy and taking care of my body I knew this was a great opportunity so I started getting to work.
6 months later and I've made my first sale.
However, this is only the beginning.
All those things MJ talks about in Unscripted are coming up: website creation, flyers, permissions etc etc

It's a hassle and a hustle. But damn me if it doesn't feel good. Loving the struggle.

First ever post, so hope it wasn't too long!

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Nice man! Welcome! That’s a huge move, I think it would be cool to live there too.

I may be wrong but I really feel like there’s a huge gap in the Japanese market for teeth whitening.

I think anyone able to take something working in the western market and understand how to do it in Japan will do well.

burrex

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jul 20, 2023
Nice man! Welcome! That’s a huge move, I think it would be cool to live there too.

I may be wrong but I really feel like there’s a huge gap in the Japanese market for teeth whitening.

I think anyone able to take something working in the western market and understand how to do it in Japan will do well.
Hey MitchC and thanks for replying!

The whitening market is blowing up right now in Japan. So called "whitening cafes" are popping up left right and center and there's a franchise that offers unlimited whitening (go as many times as you want) for like $100 a month.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Hey MitchC and thanks for replying!

The whitening market is blowing up right now in Japan. So called "whitening cafes" are popping up left right and center and there's a franchise that offers unlimited whitening (go as many times as you want) for like $100 a month.
Nice, I went there like 4 years ago and all I could think was teeth whitening would kill it here, guess I was right

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...