The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Swede aiming for freedom in the Philippines

BaronvonBS

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jan 23, 2019
Today is the day,

It's time for me to get involved in discussions with like-minded dreamers, make use of my past experiences and continue my learning curve towards personal freedom. (Still a bit pissed off about the fact that I managed to miss this great community for so long, but wth, now there is more info to backtrack and search through).

For the past 5.5 years I've been based in the Philippines, a typical class A slowlaner in the IT industry trying to provide a safe foundation for my beautiful wife and daughters. It has given me plenty of experiences, but the realization hit me hard in the face the other day that I've sold my soul to some unknown bastard in exchange for 10% of my adult life - now it's time to really take the leap and get out before I get stuck forever. Even though I have now reached 30, I'm glad to say that I have zero debt, no loans/mortgages, but increasingly worried about not ever having enough in the savings account either.

Apart from the 9 daily hours wasted in an office landscape, I am trying to assist my wife (who works tirelessly 12-15 hours per day, 7 days a week) building our company - we are producing and selling organic products to affordable prices, with highest quality, using only the best ingredients mother Earth has to offer. We are ethical people who cares about our health and environment and we want to make sure we educate our children the same way, none of our customers should ever expect any less. The ball has slowly started to roll in the right direction, and I believe it should now be safe for me to jeopardize getting a monthly income in exchange for 160 hours, allowing me to focus solely on our growing business.

We are not satisfied with that though, we want to diversify our portfolio and we are currently looking at properties that could be turned in to duplexes/multi-family homes for a steady passive income that could provide for our daily expenses and travels. Also researching about import/export between Asia and Europe, but the PH government is not always the easiest to get accurate information from. I have a couple of ideas for web development, considering the PH is still 5-10 years behind the developed world in most terms I believe it could be lucrative.

For anyone located in the Philippines or is on his/her way over for travel, feel free to reach out and we'll be able to give you some recommendations. Would be great if anyone would like to meet up and share some ideas and discuss future opportunities.

See you around!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Youss

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jan 12, 2019
France
Welcome to the forum @BaronvonBS!

In which part of the Philippines are you? I lived in Manila for 4 years and had a great time there. Really made a lot of Pinoy friends, among the nicest people on this planet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BaronvonBS

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jan 23, 2019
Welcome to the forum @BaronvonBS!

In which part of the Philippines are you? I lived in Manila for 4 years and had a great time there. Really made a lot of Pinoy friends, among the nicest people on this planet.

Thanks! Manila - crazy city with plenty of daily frustrations, but there is a certain charm to the place that is hard to describe. The friendly people truly helped the initial transition.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...