The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suze at it again

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
Take the sloooooooow lane to success, THEN try to start a business! Brilliant! This just reaffirms my risk-averse disposition. I think I'll just keep punching a clock where it's nice and safe. Thanks Suze!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Seriously, someone needs to gag this woman from talking about shit she knows nothing about.

Listening to her give start-up advice is like listening to Lindsay Lohan talk about healthy living.

She mentions 4 items "you must have before starting a startup" ... LOL, I DISAGREE with all 4 of them.

Like, if you have the cure for cancer, someone's gonna give a shit about your 590 credit score.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Typical textbook BS....excuse me I need vomit :puke:

Funny thing is, this is exactly what they tell you in business school (entrepreneurship) classes and few if any of the professors have ever started a business :smx4:, let alone grew one into a sizable operation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Like, if you have the cure for cancer, someone's gonna give a shit about your 590 credit score.

DING, DING, DING, DING, DING, DING, DING!!! We have a winner!

Seriously, I laughed reading that article. What's sad is how many aspiring entrepreneurs that could bring value to the world may have just given up because they don't fit her criteria.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
She's a personal financial guru - I guess that article was just marketing for her own business. As per MJ's book - I BET she is one of those guru's that doesn't practice what she preaches.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
lol...

Guys' she's smarter then you think.

She knows that she will be long gone when the people who followed her advice find out the truth.

It's pretty easy to tell someone to wait 40 years and then they will be rich.

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
My guess would be that Suze isn't sitting down at her computer and typing out this hooey herself. If she's smart about using her time, I'm pretty sure someone like her would have a peon somewhere banging out this type of content for the Huffington Post or Oprah channels. So this advice is probably coming from a staffer (maybe even someone from elance or fiverr or somewhere like that) who is just assembling rehashed glurdge that seems to fit the Suze brand.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
"In addition, your start-up money should not come from your retirement accounts or home equity. Borrowing from your future or leveraging your home is not allowed."

LMFAO! :rofl:

Seriously what a massive pile of shit.

If there was an excellent fastlane opportunity you should be willing to put that shit on your credit cards let alone take money out of your 401k.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Well, I guess I get a massive FAIL considering i just sent $2000 of my $3500 savings account to China for my import......a business I am inexperienced in and clearly have no business in taking such a HUGE risk.....ROTFL

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Damn, my credit score is 650.. I'm doomed

Thinking about it, Im surprised none of my customers have asked what my credit score is prior to buying my product

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
If you have a poor credit score you have to use more expensive private money. That's about the only difference.

But if your act is together enough to run a company it should be pretty good anyway.

I won't even take a renter with a score much less than 700.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.