The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

support the bloggers in our community

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
I was reading some blogs this morning that I first found from this forum, Specifically Shaun and Biophase, and I just found myself appreciative of their insight and views. So I decided to click on one or two of their google ads.I also do this for MJ's ad s on this forum. I did this because I know that they will make a little (probably very little) of money by this action on my part. I just wanted to take a minute and encourage everyone who visits someones blog from this forum to take a few seconds and click on their google ads. It costs you nothing to click a couple of times and it is a way for you to give back to them for their priceless knowledge. Kind of like rep speed but instead real money for them. PLEASE NOTE: I do not have a blog listed here so I am in no way spamming my own blog. I just appreciate the content that they offer and want to give back, and would encourage others to do the same. I hope I am not violating any rules here, just wanted to make a suggestion to the group at large.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Camski,

Thanks for the mention.

My blog is in my sig.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Hey that's my blog :)

Hope you like it. But I don't encourage anyone to click on ads just for the sake of helping someone make some money. I don't think google would like that and it could get the publisher in trouble.

-Andrew

dbeck29

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 4, 2008
Hey that's my blog :)

Hope you like it. But I don't encourage anyone to click on ads just for the sake of helping someone make some money. I don't think google would like that and it could get the publisher in trouble.

-Andrew

ANDREW-

great blog BTW reps for you, keep up the great work!

carlhuber

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2008
NY
I may as well throw my hat in the ring and mention that I run theWAREHOUSE over here. Lots of articles on a wide variety of hopefully entertaining topics, a forum, a webcomic, etc.

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
Links to said blogs?

i have been actively reading http://www.lyved.com/ which is a members blog, just cant remember who.

Sorry but I wont link them just because then it might look like I am spamming on their behalf ( I am not of course). I just mentioned Bio's and shauns because that was what i was reading this morning. There are countless other good ones and you can find them if you just do a little looking on fastlane. I dont want to get anyone in any trouble with MJ or google I was just saying that for me when I find something of value from a contributor here that I like to reward them by clicking on their ads. I feel like in some way that I have given back to them a little (with adsense very little. lol) I am not trying to start some major click campaign, just saying that it the urge strikes you when visiting their blogs or sites or whatever and you feel that you got something out of it, why not give a little back by a quick click.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Regarding ppc, I strongly recommend not clicking unless you are actually interested in the product or service being advertised. I don't car 2 hoots about google, but there is an advertiser on the other end of this transaction that you are costing money by this campaign.

So the question is, is it fair to help those from this forum at the expense of others, I think not, but that is just my 2 cents.

However, if you do have an interest, then my opinion is moot

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
Regarding ppc, I strongly recommend not clicking unless you are actually interested in the product or service being advertised. I don't car 2 hoots about google, but there is an advertiser on the other end of this transaction that you are costing money by this campaign.
So the question is, is it fair to help those from this forum at the expense of others, I think not, but that is just my 2 cents.

However, if you do have an interest, then my opinion is moot

Like I said
I am not trying to start some major click campaign, just saying that it the urge strikes you when visiting their blogs or sites or whatever and you feel that you got something out of it, why not give a little back by a quick click.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
right, but what you are saying, if you like the content of the blog, then click on the ad. This makes the advertiser an innocent victim in this relationship.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I just wanted to take a minute and encourage everyone who visits someones blog from this forum to take a few seconds and click on their google ads. It costs you nothing to click a couple of times and it is a way for you to give back to them for their priceless knowledge.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

If you want to support them, request their paypal account and send them some money or promote their site by linking to it, or talking it up.

Clicking on their ads to show support is stealing from the advertiser to say thanks. I'll pass on that type of support.

You seriously risk getting them banned from AdSense as Google has a lot of anti fraud detection algorithms that they run, and those type of clicks would certainly be highly suspect.

Don't do it. Click the ads only if your sincerely interested in what they are offering.

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
This thread has definitely turned into an interesting discussion on personal morality. I personally dont feel that I am STEALING from anyone. If I click because the ad looks interesting and dont buy I am not stealing but if I click just because and dont buy, it is. Hmmm. But then again I dont have any problem with people downloading music off the net either.
Google's intent is to reward people monetarily for people clicking on the ads they put on their sites. What Advertisers really pay for is the opportunity for their ads to be seen by the masses. The actual clicks is just a tracking mechanism to bolster their validity to the advertisers and a way for the advertiser to measure their closing rate. At the end of it all everyones REAL intent is to make money right down to the people who put adsense on their sites. So just by making an occasional click on an ad (once again I said earlier not a campaign) will not cause me to lose any sleep. I dont necessarily agree with your premise of theft but I respect it. Your argument for getting people in trouble with google holds some weight but again I am not talking about a campaign but an occasional click. I would even venture to say that most site owners could care less whether people are interested in the ads or not, because if they did they wouldnt take the chance of having ads that they have not approved first appear on their site.
Having said all of that you are definitely entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine and it was an interesting discussion but I dont know if this is really going in a direction that is serving anyone and would ask that the mods consider closing the thread.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
By clicking an ad, I am agreeing to face whatever sales and psychological tactics are present. If they can convert me, good for them. An ad clicker seems no different than a casual browser.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.