A recent discussion about laundry-mats on the forum got me looking at a business classified websites and I was shocked at what I found.
Some of the businesses were listed at less than 2x cashflow. This would be understandable if it were only a business generating 50 or 60K and the owner was an employee, but some of these businesses were, according to the people who had listed them, generating 500K in cash-flow and more.
I personally have no experience buying a business, either online or otherwise, so I was wondering if anyone here had either negotiated or inquired into purchasing one of these apparently high yielding ventures from an online listing. Are most of these figures not including capital outlays, or are they including something that an accountant would not consider income, or are they outright lying?
Some of the businesses were listed at less than 2x cashflow. This would be understandable if it were only a business generating 50 or 60K and the owner was an employee, but some of these businesses were, according to the people who had listed them, generating 500K in cash-flow and more.
I personally have no experience buying a business, either online or otherwise, so I was wondering if anyone here had either negotiated or inquired into purchasing one of these apparently high yielding ventures from an online listing. Are most of these figures not including capital outlays, or are they including something that an accountant would not consider income, or are they outright lying?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
