The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Suggestion for book reading

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Runum

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 8, 2007
DFW
Got this from listening to Del Walmsley on the radio the other day. He reads many books, most of them many times. Each time he reads the book he learns something new. In order to supplant this he reads with a highlighter in his hand. Each time he reads the same book he uses a different colored highlighter. I thought it might be worth trying.:cheers:

Greg

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

bpk1

New Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
I think I'll give that a shot for studying for my AP US History Midterm. Thanks for the idea!

Elliott

New Contributor
Jan 18, 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
I had a very inspiring US history teacher who told me the same thing. He said that ever since he started highlighting in his textbooks he's never received a grade other than an A.

If I could add something a bit off topic ... He had a very inspiring life story, almost straight out of the chicken soup books. He "woke up" and took his life seriously after a few moments of being clinically dead after a crash with a drunk driver. The inspiration and stories of people on this forum remind me of his.

Andrew

Contributor
Aug 8, 2007
If you just want to rattle of facts, then thats fine (assuming the book is accurate to begin with.) If you have real life experience to relate with while reading it increases the value of the book by many times. Additionally, you can spot BS very quickly.

Hi,

Reading is very important, so we need to do it right. I learned a lot from a book that constituted one of the units for my MBA at Rushmore: How to Read a Book by Mortimer Adler. Get through that and you'll know everything you need to for extracting the maximum benefit from any book you read.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just Enrolled to "Start a Freelance Business: Take back your freedom Now" Thanks! @Lex...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom