### not affiliated with sublime at all, just a very very very satisfied customer
As I've stated in several other threads, I have been looking for a new IDE for php and html development... well... I found one! I know a couple of you guys have also inquired about them so I thought I'd share. Thanks to the guys who suggested Twitter Bootstrap, the bootstrap page on github actually suggested Sublime Text 2 as their preferred IDE. I downloaded it and I gotta say, it is ab-solutely awesome!
At first glance, it appears to be a sleeker Notepad++ but built with Oracle's Java Swing instead of Microsoft's WinForms. But it's much, much more than that actually. One of the things I love, is the ability to customize the look and feel to a dark theme. Coding on a bright white screen all day kills your eyes. If you have some light saving LED monitors, set them to true black which doesn't emit light for black and set the screen to a dark setting. Voila, glad you're amazed.
Core features:
I'm not sure what you call non-Microsoft intellisense, but the intellisense on this bad boy is lightning fast. The whole application is. If you've used NetBeans or Eclipse and seen their suggestions as you type and how slow it is, this editor will blow you away.
It's free to use, with little popup windows suggesting you purchase it. If you're a developer and love what the guy's made... I'd just purchase it. I've used it for a few days so far and am more than am impressed so the $60 to support the developer was more than worth it. I hope he keeps making great stuff like this.
Sublime Text - Download
I'm using it for php, html, css, and javascript at the moment, but I'm sure I could see myself using it for higher level languages as well.
As I've stated in several other threads, I have been looking for a new IDE for php and html development... well... I found one! I know a couple of you guys have also inquired about them so I thought I'd share. Thanks to the guys who suggested Twitter Bootstrap, the bootstrap page on github actually suggested Sublime Text 2 as their preferred IDE. I downloaded it and I gotta say, it is ab-solutely awesome!
At first glance, it appears to be a sleeker Notepad++ but built with Oracle's Java Swing instead of Microsoft's WinForms. But it's much, much more than that actually. One of the things I love, is the ability to customize the look and feel to a dark theme. Coding on a bright white screen all day kills your eyes. If you have some light saving LED monitors, set them to true black which doesn't emit light for black and set the screen to a dark setting. Voila, glad you're amazed.
Core features:
- Built in compilers
- Ability to add custom cmd commands to compilers
- Syntax validation for a ton of languages
- Intellisense! woohoo
- It's lightning fast.
I'm not sure what you call non-Microsoft intellisense, but the intellisense on this bad boy is lightning fast. The whole application is. If you've used NetBeans or Eclipse and seen their suggestions as you type and how slow it is, this editor will blow you away.
It's free to use, with little popup windows suggesting you purchase it. If you're a developer and love what the guy's made... I'd just purchase it. I've used it for a few days so far and am more than am impressed so the $60 to support the developer was more than worth it. I hope he keeps making great stuff like this.
Sublime Text - Download
I'm using it for php, html, css, and javascript at the moment, but I'm sure I could see myself using it for higher level languages as well.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

