The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

successful selling in a down economy

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
Did some training the other day for some of my sales people and since we occasionally have sales questions here I thought I would post part of my presentation. This is a real cut down version of it and not in the exact order of my presentation.

1. BELIEF- believe in what you are selling. Customers are buying what you are selling. Somewhere out there sales are being made even in a down economy. You must believe that what you have will benefit them. You must believe that they need what you have. If you dont beleive there are any sales out there you might as well stay in bed and not waste your time.

2. SELL BENEFITS- don’t sell just a product. Sell the customer on HOW your product/service will benefit them. Show them how your product can help them achieve their goals/hopes/dreams. Lots of competitiors have producst/services if you have what makes dreams come true you will stand out from the crowd.

3. BE MENTALLY PREPARED- Know that “NO’S†are coming. A bad economy is a reality whether you want to admit it or not. You can be positive that the sun will set in the east doesn’t mean it will happen. You will get a lot of NO’s just be mentally prepared for them and ready to find the YES that comes with the next call/prospect. Always remember that selling actually begins when someone says no. A YES is taking an order, a NO means you need to start selling. If you have a belief in your product/service then you should view a NO, not as a rejection but as a "The prospect does not have enough info yet". Looking at it from that perspective really helps with being mentally prepared for those NO"s.

4. WALKAWAY WITH A TAKEAWAY- Form every sales call always have a takeaway. Obviously from a YES you get the sale and what worked for you and what you can use for the next call. Be sure that you have a takeaway from the NOâ€s as well. What was the reason for the NO? Was it something you can control or not. Was it a viable prospect form the start? Did you provide enough info for them to make a decision? Walkaway with something of value whehter or not you made a sale or not.

5. KNOW "THEIR" GOALS- everybody always talks about setting goals, but I would tell you that when it comes to sales you customers/prospects goals are more important than yours. If you can show them how your product/service can help them achieve their goals then the sales process ends and the ordering process begins

5. BECOME AN EMPLOYEE,- Let your product/service or you become one of their valuable resources. Make them understand that by purchasing your product/service that you are becoming the employee they don’t have to pay.

6. LISTEN- Too many people think sales is all about having a great spiel. In actuality it is about asking questions and being disciplined enough to shut up and listen. The prospect/customer will tell you what their wants/need/goals are if you ask the right questions. If you spend more time trying to figure out what you are going to say you will not hear what they are telling you they want. Talk less and listen more is a great sales strategy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.