The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Success Story TV4B.com

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
In November 2006 Edo van Santen, a Dutch entrepeneur, had the (as I thought when I first heard about it) not very original idea to set up a kind of YouTube for business presentations.
In April 2007 his site www.TV4B.com went live. There is a Britisch flag on the left hand side of the screen. Clicking on it should take you to the English version of the website.
Early September 2007, so 5 months after the launch of the website, Edo sold the site to the company GET (operating the website eFreshportal.com and other portal sites).

Although the numbers have not been disclosed, forum messages from usually well-informed sources suggest that GET paid Edo EUR 4 million for TV4B.com. The cost to build and launch TV4B were estimated at EUR 150k. Nice result for 9 months of work?

I must mention that Edo van Santen used to work for a venture capital firm in the past, so, he probably started out with a quick exit in mind.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TV4B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 1, 2007
To Henk and others, this is an interesting post. However, in my opinion, the only and best way to build a succesful business, is to do something which you like and which gives you energy. Be passionate about what you do. These are the aspects customers will recognize and are the basics of success. If the only objective would be to make money fast, that will never work.

When I came up with the idea in Nov. 2006, I liked the idea so much that I started TV4B. Of course, I had an exit in mind, but did not expect it would be this soon. During the last 10 months, I had a lot of fun, worked 100+ hours a week and learned a lot. That is all that matters. I got a lot of energy out of this project and other people recognized this.

So, to all entrepreneurs, my message would be: "do only things you are passionate about, enjoy life and have fun. Never work for the money only, that won't work".

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Hello Edo, welcome. I'm surprised how fast you found this post about your success story.

Thanks for your advice regarding doing the things you love instead of thinking about the money. This corresponds to the advice of other successful people. This piece of advice from successful people used to make me think: 'It's easy for you to say with a seven, eight, nine or ten figure net worth', but I've come to see that every word of it is true.
I've started several business ventures just for the money and got bored or failed after a short while.

TV4B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 1, 2007
Henk, believe me, I also have had days, I did not know how to pay my bills. Specially then, you have to believe in your goals, knowing you are on the right track. Life is to short to mourn, just do the things you know are right.

About finding this post so quick, an internet entrepreneur should always keep track of his on-line where-abouts, analyze the traffic on his websites and react if needed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.