Diane recently started a thread "When Your Friends/Family Say "That'll Never Work". (Sorry Diane, I don't know how to get a link to your thread.) Diane talks about when she is offering advise and often gets replies indicating that they could never use that advise and make up all kinds if excuses as to why not.
What reactions do you get when you are taking action and you share your ideas and goals with friends and family?
Typically, the reactions I get when I am sharing things with my family (and sometimes friends) is what I have come to refer to as sabotage. Those that sabotage are now my saboteur, or one who sabotages. I continue to struggle with family saboteurs'. I find it often becomes an internal emotional battle to keep myself focused and press on with what I really want to make happen. I have learned, over time, it is best not to bother to discuss my ideas and goals with them. When I also occasionally struggle with some sabotour friends, my resolve is to find new friends. I go with philosophy "your financial wealth will be the average (or close to it) of your 10 best friends."
Below is a definition of Workplace Sabotage. You can apply this definition to family (and friends) of entrepreneurs and their businesses as well, call it Success Sabotage. And I believe it is something any and every entrepreneur must be VERY aware of.
"When workplace disgruntled workers damage or destroy equipment or interfere with the smooth running of a workplace, it is called workplace sabotage. This can be as part of an organized group activity, or the action of one or a few workers in response to personal grievances."
There are many reasons for a saboteur's actions. Ultimately, they don't want you to succeed. THEY are comfortable with you where you are and they might be afraid to take any action themselves.
Are there people in your life that might be the disgruntled, ultimately effecting the smooth running of you bringing your ideas to fruition?
Do you have more than one person in your life or are you part of a group of people who might just be sabotaging your fastlane efforts?
And how do you deal with your saboteur(s)?
What reactions do you get when you are taking action and you share your ideas and goals with friends and family?
Typically, the reactions I get when I am sharing things with my family (and sometimes friends) is what I have come to refer to as sabotage. Those that sabotage are now my saboteur, or one who sabotages. I continue to struggle with family saboteurs'. I find it often becomes an internal emotional battle to keep myself focused and press on with what I really want to make happen. I have learned, over time, it is best not to bother to discuss my ideas and goals with them. When I also occasionally struggle with some sabotour friends, my resolve is to find new friends. I go with philosophy "your financial wealth will be the average (or close to it) of your 10 best friends."
Below is a definition of Workplace Sabotage. You can apply this definition to family (and friends) of entrepreneurs and their businesses as well, call it Success Sabotage. And I believe it is something any and every entrepreneur must be VERY aware of.
"When workplace disgruntled workers damage or destroy equipment or interfere with the smooth running of a workplace, it is called workplace sabotage. This can be as part of an organized group activity, or the action of one or a few workers in response to personal grievances."
There are many reasons for a saboteur's actions. Ultimately, they don't want you to succeed. THEY are comfortable with you where you are and they might be afraid to take any action themselves.
Are there people in your life that might be the disgruntled, ultimately effecting the smooth running of you bringing your ideas to fruition?
Do you have more than one person in your life or are you part of a group of people who might just be sabotaging your fastlane efforts?
And how do you deal with your saboteur(s)?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
