The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Success Rituals

Think

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 18, 2008
I just finished reading an article suggesting certain morning rituals to get you started on having a successful day. I was wondering if anyone else has any rituals or disiplines they use which could be useful to anyone wanting to get in the "Fastlane".
I have bookmarked a dictionary website that gives me a new word everyday. This allows me to add 300+ words to my vocabulary every year and it is effortless, automatic and requires less then 30 seconds/day

By the way here are the suggestions that were in the article.

More power to you
Think

1. Wake up. Don’t hit snooze. Jump out of bed as if someone threw a bucket of cold water on you. Half of your day’s success is actually showing up and being excited. Rest time is over, get out of bed now.
  2. Drink a pint of water first thing in the morning. If you don’t like water on its own, squeeze some fresh lime into it. Water is great for you - you know that, mom said that and now we’ve got to do it!
  3. Make yourself a blend of fruits that excite you. I love a carrot-apple-ginger juice and drink it in the morning before eating and wait at least an hour or so before I eat.
  4. Go out and take in the sunlight. I wake up when I see sun. Its energy, invigoration and excitement is absolutely amazing. Get up and spend a minute outside looking up in the sky taking in the morning light. Wrap up warm if it’s cold, but make sure you do it.
  5. Spend time in silence. Be grateful for what you have. Mentally or on paper, plan the day out. If you don’t do the previous night, write out your to-do list of the most exciting and important things.
  6. Cuddle your kids (or find some to cuddle). Kids bring excitement and awe in the way they think and view the world. Spending time around them helps you to cultivate the inner child within you. And doing it from the morning is even better.
  7. Brush your tongue. Lose the morning breath and start off on a minty note.
  8. Go for a walk. Or hop on the treadmill for 30 minutes. People who walk in the morning have more energy than those who walk at night after a long day. Use the work to appreciate your surroundings and plan your day. In silence if possible.
  9. Drink green tea. Instead of coffee, have a cup of green tea. Boosts your energy, provides antioxidants and has been promoted as a great natural healthy option.
  10. Journal. A list of rituals without journaling in the morning isn’t complete. I find it the most exhilarating thing to be sitting down for a short period and just writing out whatever comes to my head, no matter whether it immediately makes sense to me or not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I don't have a successful tip for starting the day, although I do find that my days go smoother when I wake up early to head to the gym! I took the following exercise from The Secret, What I've started doing before I go to bed (and it helps me sleep on those stressful nights) is to replay the day's events. If something did not go the way I intended, then I replay it with the intended outcome. This has helped me to get be able to sleep but I also have not been waking up with this impending sense of doom and gloom. And since I have implemented this, I have been coming up with more ideas and overall, a more positive attitude.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.