Two months into my own FL foray currently involves a ton of reading with my immediate focus on cementing some of the common themes that appear to run from book to book. I want to start taking action NOW and avoid what could be procrastination but I feel a little stuck in the first stage of figuring out WHAT business/market to explore.
I've seen and heard plenty about "idea extraction," finding a pain point in a particular market and finding a valuable solution as a product. But I must admit, I'm struggling to pick that market without it seeming completely random. And the randomness makes me feel uneasy and unmotivated.
I've mentioned a few times on here that I've studied and worked as a musician my whole life and I have a drive and passion to explore that market, which I've also been doing. But I'm skeptical about it being a lucrative path even if I can create something of value. That holds me back...rightly or wrongly, again, is a difficult call for me to figure out.
I guess I'm also torn by the avoidance of "doing what you love" and "do what you're passionate about." I realize the difference, but separating the two is still tricky to do.
Am I thinking about this the wrong way? Are there threads already here that may be of use?
Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm so eager to get cracking but feel like I need some clarification in my own mind before forging ahead.
I've seen and heard plenty about "idea extraction," finding a pain point in a particular market and finding a valuable solution as a product. But I must admit, I'm struggling to pick that market without it seeming completely random. And the randomness makes me feel uneasy and unmotivated.
I've mentioned a few times on here that I've studied and worked as a musician my whole life and I have a drive and passion to explore that market, which I've also been doing. But I'm skeptical about it being a lucrative path even if I can create something of value. That holds me back...rightly or wrongly, again, is a difficult call for me to figure out.
I guess I'm also torn by the avoidance of "doing what you love" and "do what you're passionate about." I realize the difference, but separating the two is still tricky to do.
Am I thinking about this the wrong way? Are there threads already here that may be of use?
Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm so eager to get cracking but feel like I need some clarification in my own mind before forging ahead.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
