ThatOneGuy
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jan 22, 2015
- Messages
- 6
Rep Bank
$100
$100
User Power: 50%
Part of me wants to write out entirely what happened and how I got here, and the other half wants me to just shut the f*** up and figure out how to deal with my own problems. I have been a wantrepreneur since around September 2014. Yes, I fully admit that for 8 months I have done NOTHING. Over the course of the 8 months I have had these 1 week or 5 day periods where I would get all hyped up about "finally starting" where I'd create a list of how I could get money online to eventually fund my startup and what I would do different this time around. When it actually came time to starting I would immediatly back out and use the excuse, "it's too hard" or "I am not passionate enough".
I am one of the few to admit that, when I starting I was motivated by money. I wanted to become an entrepreneur because I wanted to be different and I wanted to be rich. I was chasing money. I started the whole thing back up again a few days ago. But I started it in a very procrastinat-y mood. From this I have lost all motivation to do anything. I "want" to start, but its like I dont have the driving force to make it happen. I have considered multiple times to just "go" but I feel like I am not passionate enough to feel good about whatever business I am in. I have full confidence in my abilities. I have seen myself move mountains before, but that was when I was really motivated to "be better". Right now or any time can I see myself getting a job somewhere and being satisfied and/or happy with it. With that said, I don't see myself quitting anytime soon. I have delved to deep to go back, which is a good sign I think. I have been trying the last few days to figure out how I can fix this and get my head in the game. I have read TMF and all the other common entrepreneur books. I am not sure what I am asking from this forum or what the point of this thread is but I need help. I have questioned many times whether "wanting to be rich an powerful" is enough to drive myself to get capital and run an internet startup. I do have a "why" list but even that is not motivating me. Am I the only one having this issue? Can something like this be solved, or do I need to decide for myself?
Note: I am not 18 yet with a few years left of high school. I am INCREDIBLY grateful that I found entrepreneurship at quite an early age. I have not told my parents I want to become an entrepreneur yet.
I am one of the few to admit that, when I starting I was motivated by money. I wanted to become an entrepreneur because I wanted to be different and I wanted to be rich. I was chasing money. I started the whole thing back up again a few days ago. But I started it in a very procrastinat-y mood. From this I have lost all motivation to do anything. I "want" to start, but its like I dont have the driving force to make it happen. I have considered multiple times to just "go" but I feel like I am not passionate enough to feel good about whatever business I am in. I have full confidence in my abilities. I have seen myself move mountains before, but that was when I was really motivated to "be better". Right now or any time can I see myself getting a job somewhere and being satisfied and/or happy with it. With that said, I don't see myself quitting anytime soon. I have delved to deep to go back, which is a good sign I think. I have been trying the last few days to figure out how I can fix this and get my head in the game. I have read TMF and all the other common entrepreneur books. I am not sure what I am asking from this forum or what the point of this thread is but I need help. I have questioned many times whether "wanting to be rich an powerful" is enough to drive myself to get capital and run an internet startup. I do have a "why" list but even that is not motivating me. Am I the only one having this issue? Can something like this be solved, or do I need to decide for myself?
Note: I am not 18 yet with a few years left of high school. I am INCREDIBLY grateful that I found entrepreneurship at quite an early age. I have not told my parents I want to become an entrepreneur yet.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
