The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stuck? Change Your Environment!

Clifford Starks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 13, 2019
I know this has been said over and over again, but I am experiencing it again right now. 10 years ago I moved from Chicago to Arizona and the change in my life was dramatic. After 10 years, I got used to living in sunny Arizona that the environment is not as productive as it once was.

This summer, to avoid the Arizona heat I decided to lease a condo in Crested Butte Colorado, which is a mountain biking mecca in the USA. What I did not realize was how productive it would be to live here in terms of work.

I brought a table and my desktop with 2 monitors. I have it set up next to a window which has views of the majestic mountains here. I have gotten so much work done here. And I think it is due to a few things:

1) I don't know anybody here, except my friend who is also here with me.
2) My workstation is next to an open window, fresh mountain air blows in all day and my view is great. I don't mind sitting here all day.
3) We both wake up, turn on our computers and get our morning work done. She also has an online ecommerce store.
4) We make a daily morning mountain bike ride. This is our workout and we are so tired afterwards that we just stay home. We ride every day and had to force ourselves to take a rest day because our legs are so sore.
5) We work on our businesses all afternoon and night. There's nothing else to do in this town except mountain bike. All restaurants and gas stations close at 8:30pm. We have wanted to go see the movie Edge of Tomorrow for two weeks now, but it's not even playing within a 3 hour drive from us.

I did not expect to get much work done here, but it has turned out to be the opposite. It just shows you what a change in environment can do for you. We have a daily routine and it certainly helps when there are no distractions. Maybe all some of you need is to move to a small po-dunk town with nothing going on.

My office
View attachment 7643

5 minute hike outside of the condo
View attachment 7644

Our daily workout ride
View attachment 7645

I can't believe I'm living here!
View attachment 7646
Wow it's beautiful, glad it help increase productivity too!

nicotini

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 7, 2015
Treviso, Italy
I totally agree man.

I am so lucky my girlfriend's parents own an apartment in a mountain location which is just an hour by car from my home.

Me and her often go up there to study (we are both finishing uni, she studies law I'm a medical student) and get away from the summer heat.

Useless to say, having only her and her dog around and taking breaks by hiking or just walking nearby gives me an impressive exam passing ratio compared to when I'm home with my family/traffic/dogs barking a lot (and yet I live in a quite rural town).

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
I'm in a rut right now (post FTE) and need to do this. Only problem is covid... I had planned on moving to NYC, and that's off the table now. Maybe I'll go to boulder or Pheonix. I also need to get away from family who are too clingy and stunting my growth.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

missinfinity98

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 25, 2021
Love the thread. A nomadic Lifestyle is great for me too. Change in the environment does well for my productivity and general well-being since I was a kid. Sometimes when I stayed longer in one place, I moved my bed to have a fresh perspective (literally) <3

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
I know this has been said over and over again, but I am experiencing it again right now. 10 years ago I moved from Chicago to Arizona and the change in my life was dramatic. After 10 years, I got used to living in sunny Arizona that the environment is not as productive as it once was.

This summer, to avoid the Arizona heat I decided to lease a condo in Crested Butte Colorado, which is a mountain biking mecca in the USA. What I did not realize was how productive it would be to live here in terms of work.

I brought a table and my desktop with 2 monitors. I have it set up next to a window which has views of the majestic mountains here. I have gotten so much work done here. And I think it is due to a few things:

1) I don't know anybody here, except my friend who is also here with me.
2) My workstation is next to an open window, fresh mountain air blows in all day and my view is great. I don't mind sitting here all day.
3) We both wake up, turn on our computers and get our morning work done. She also has an online ecommerce store.
4) We make a daily morning mountain bike ride. This is our workout and we are so tired afterwards that we just stay home. We ride every day and had to force ourselves to take a rest day because our legs are so sore.
5) We work on our businesses all afternoon and night. There's nothing else to do in this town except mountain bike. All restaurants and gas stations close at 8:30pm. We have wanted to go see the movie Edge of Tomorrow for two weeks now, but it's not even playing within a 3 hour drive from us.

I did not expect to get much work done here, but it has turned out to be the opposite. It just shows you what a change in environment can do for you. We have a daily routine and it certainly helps when there are no distractions. Maybe all some of you need is to move to a small po-dunk town with nothing going on.

My office
View attachment 7643

5 minute hike outside of the condo
View attachment 7644

Our daily workout ride
View attachment 7645

I can't believe I'm living here!
View attachment 7646

Man , that's dope, even though I' rather live in a place closest to places to hang out, by the way, nature always puts You in a good mood. Enjoy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

b.stod

unplugged unscriptee
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 29, 2022
United States
Happy for you!

My granpa always told me that when you get down into the sewer, you get the shit on you.

Growing up in louisiana was my sewer. No MTB trails, tons of fat unhappy people, busted economy, and the list goes on...

I got this job that allows me to travel the US, and it changed my life and the way that I feel everyday.

I am glad you found a place where you can thrive, I'm sure your future self will be so glad you made the move!

Enjoy!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.