The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Structuring a business that creates and owns web services

livetrue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Oct 27, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie entrepreneur and I'm looking for advice on how to structure a business that creates and owns web services. I'm a one man operation, so ideally the approach would be simple and yet would allow the services to scale in size.

Should I register a single business (e.g. ACME Inc.) that owns web services ABC and XYZ? In this case ACME Inc. would be a holding company of sorts, kind of like how Alphabet Inc owns Google and Youtube.

Or should I register each web services as its own business (e.g. ABC Inc., XYZ Inc.)?
Or ...?

Thank you in advance!

p.s. If it helps, I'm based in Canada.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

livetrue

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Oct 27, 2019
Canada
No responses, however, I think I got my answer from looking at what other companies have done previously.

It seems that Twitter, when it was originally conceived and prototyped, it actually was part of a company called Obvious Corp. back in 2001. Eventually, as Twitter became popular and started seeking investments, it morphed into its own company Twitter, Inc.

I will do the same (i.e. Option 1): Register a single business that owns web services, and spin them or break them off as the opportunity presents itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-04_11-22-35.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-04_11-22-35.png
    209.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content