The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Steve Jobs is DEAD!!

krbb91

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 23, 2011
R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Wow this man was an inspiration to me and I bet to all entrepreneurs around the world!

Fave quote from him:

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

Steve Jobs: Ex-Apple CEO Dies - ABC News

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bkypes

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 25, 2011
Grand Rapids, Mi
He lived his life to the fullest in the fastlane. He did what he loved and made a killing doing it. He was an inspirational man.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
One of the century's greatest entrepreneurs. RIP.

A

Anon3587x

First thing I thought was. . .

Well I guess there is no secret cure for cancer.

Shad0w

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Aug 1, 2011
Such an inspiration. I've been reading alot on him this past week and he inspired me so much. I was just reading an article on him not too long ago. Then I go to cnn real quick, to see that he's dead. It shocked the living shit out of me.

R.I.P. Steve

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
the world has suffered a huge loss today. rip steve jobs!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
First thing I thought was. . .

Well I guess there is no secret cure for cancer.

If anybody had enough to buy a cure, it was definitely Steve Jobs. RIP to an Icon.

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
I almost teared up when I saw the breaking news. This guy was the greatest tech entrepreneur of all time. I'm a tech dude and Steve Jobs was an idol to me.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I personally despise Apple products and their proprietary ways but Steve Jobs was a juggernaut.

Yes. I dislike Apple as a company, but I can't help but respect Steve Jobs as a CEO and visionary. The proof is in the pudding; he took Apple from being bankrupt, and brought them back to what they are today.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
After seeing those pics where he looked like he could barely stand, I figured he had about 2 months, and I was totally expecting it. Sucks. A technology pioneer for sure. With the MacBook Air and the invention of the tablet, I guarantee it won't be long before laptops morph into tablets and laptops go the way of the cassette tape. If it was not for Jobs we would still all have phones with actual buttons on them and texting on our Tmobile Sidekick 8 thinking it's the bomb. Strange to wonder where we would be right now without his ideas. He has changed the game on how we communicate.

RIP STEVE JOBS

PND

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 7, 2011
France
He was and will remain a great inspiration for me. For helping me to become an entrepreneur and also when I was sick. RIP.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Like everyone else has said he was a hugely inspiring person who has impacted so many lives. Love or hate Apple he is responsible for so many innovations within the industry.

I saw this going round twitter and thought it was worth posting

Steve Jobs was born out of wedlock, put up for adoption at birth, dropped out of college, then changed the world. What's your excuse?

iCashChex

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 3, 2011
I often find the comments below articles comical. Half the time because someone actually wrote something funny, and the other half because people voice their ignorant opinion. I've read 5-10 articles and haven't found ONE negative comment toward Jobs. Even the people who say they despise Apple come back with, "...but Steve Jobs was a great man." How incredible is that? It goes to show you just how many lives this guy has touched.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

Thanks, speed+

I use this tool, but this is so beautifully said, so inspiring.

The below link is not fastlane, but will probably give someone a nice cash boost:

Steve Jobs - Sad Mac - Memorial T-shirt | eBay

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
RIP Steve Jobs, one of the greatest entrepreneurs, thinkers etc. ever lived. I almost shed a tear myself, he was such a great and innovative person.

D

DeletedUser397

It's not just the iDevices... he invented the mouse, led Pixar, and changed the music/movie industry forever. Pretty much what everyone else said - we lost a genius.

Even though I didn't know him personally, and while we all knew he had been sick for a while, it was was really sad to see him pass. Definitely one of the greatest innovators of our time, and an incredible entrepreneur. In many articles and news clips I've seen, they refer to him as the Thomas Edison of our time, with the business mind of Henry Ford. I totally agree with that. You have to be quite visionary to be able to conceptualize something like the iPad in 1980, when none of the related technology even exists. There's another video on Youtube that shows him talking about cloud computing - in 1997! Personally I found him to be hugely inspiring in the Stanford commencement speech where he told students to "stay hungry, stay foolish." His whole life story is quite amazing, how he came from nothing to building a $350 billion electronics empire.

With the kind of vision he had, I have no doubt he's paved the way for Apple to maintain its lead in the industry for another 5-10 years. But after that I don't know where Apple will go. He was truly the brain behind Apple, and pretty much entire industries of electronics, mobile, etc. Personal computers wouldn't exist without him. Smartphones wouldn't be where they are today... whether you love or hate Apple products, he's touched all of us with his innovations.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Steve Jobs and his success early on with Apple was definitely a huge factor in my decision to get into the computer industry at a young age. Growing up in Northern California, the man was an absolute legend -- and an inspiration to so many other young kids just like me. Steve Jobs exemplified the term "X-Factor", because nobody can put their finger on exactly what he did that made him so successful -- but he brought something to the table that changed the world.

I can't help feel that America has lost their very best yesterday, and there is a void left that can never truly be filled.

-Hakrjak

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Top 12 Things You May Not Know About Steve Jobs

12. His father is Abdulfattah Jandali. Steve Jobs biologically was half Syrian Muslim. His parents were two graduate students who put him up for adoption and then a few years later had another child.

11. Steve Jobs Disney’s largest individual shareholder; his 7.3% share is considerably more than longtime former Disney CEO Michael Eisner (1.7%) and even more than that of Walt Disney’s nephew Roy (1%).

10. Steve Jobs banned Macs For Dummies. The publication of Jeffrey Young’s unauthorized Steve Jobs' biography iCon: The Greatest Second Act in the History of Business so enraged Steve Jobs that he immediately placed a ban not just on Young’s book but on every book put out by its publisher, John Wiley & Sons, carried at the retail Apple stores.

9. He made the game "Breakout" when he worked for Atari.

8. He fathered a child with a woman named Chrisann Brennan. He denied paternity on his first child, claiming he was sterile. Eventually Jobs became a good father. The Lisa computer (the "Apple III") was named after this first child.

7. He doesn't give any money to charity. And when he became Apple's CEO he stopped all of their philanthropic programs.

6. He's a Zen Buddhist. He even thought about joining a monastery and becoming a monk. His guru, a Zen monk, married him and his wife.

5. Steve Jobs went to Reed College for one semester and then dropped out.

4. Steve Jobs used LSD at least once when he was younger. In fact, he said about the experience, it was "one of the two or three most important things I have done in my life."

3. He was a player: Before Jobs married his wife Laurene Powell in 1991, he dated Hollywood starlets (at the time) like Dianne Keaton and Joan Baez.

2. He doesn't eat meat: He's actually a Pescetarian, which means he eats fish but no other meat. He will eat eggs and dairy and anything else a vegetarian would eat.

1. Steve Jobs invented a staircase support system. US Patent No. D478,999, for a “design for a staircase,†and US Patent No. 7,165,362, for a “glass support system†for the staircase. You can see this invention for yourself by taking the stairs at any Apple retail store.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I often find the comments below articles comical. Half the time because someone actually wrote something funny, and the other half because people voice their ignorant opinion. I've read 5-10 articles and haven't found ONE negative comment toward Jobs. Even the people who say they despise Apple come back with, "...but Steve Jobs was a great man." How incredible is that? It goes to show you just how many lives this guy has touched.

Same thing w/Robert Mondavi-- only difference was, everyone (and I mean *everyone*) who had actually met him had nothing but nice things to say about him. Only those who were his competitors-- or worked for his competitors-- had negatives.

-Russ H.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Hey Rickson - what's your prediction on AAPL stock now that Steve is gone?

For better or worse, I don't invest in tech companies or businesses without large INSIDERS ownership!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.