The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Steve Jobs giving HANDS DOWN the greatest entrepreneurial advice I’ve ever heard.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Very Fastlane. Maybe he’s read the books? ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Bonus. This is another great one. Not specific Fastlane philosophy, but great nonetheless.

Steve Jobs has so many entrepreneurial gems. If anyone has any other god quotes or segments from him, I’d love to hear them.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Very Fastlane. Maybe he’s read the books? ;)

Nah.

He's more like a brand ambassador for UNSCRIPTED haha.

But mind you, his treatment of his daughter was quite the shitshow...

Ignored her a lot and didn't even give money support.

My Quora feeds have been firing lots of harsh news features on that area too much for my liking these days....
I don't know why. Is Quora having some kind of agenda in mind?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Read Creativity Inc(Ed Catmull had a very interesting, difficult but great relationship with Steve Jobs) and just started reading Steve Jobs by Walter Issacson.

Steve Jobs was a very driven individual with a vision. From reading Creativity, Ed was the manager/leader of Pixar while Steve was the owner/negotiator.(Even though he visited Pixar once a year and would get lost each time lol) He made all the deals with Disney. Before Toy Story was made, he made 3-picture deal with Disney. After Toy Story came out and was a success he changed it to a 6-picture deal. Then in 2006 he sold Pixar to Disney.(He sold it because he kind of knew his time was coming up) Part of the deal was that he became a boardmember on Disney's Board of Directors until he died. He also designed the Pixar Atrium(Now known as the Steve Jobs building). Even though Pixar struggled a lot during it's beginnings he still believed in it and kept pouring money in.

Ed Catmull does mention that Steve was a very difficult but necessary person to work with. They clashed all the time. Steve had a very intense personality but if you state your opinion he'll at least respect you for it. I thought it was funny that Steve never bought any furniture because he was such a perfectionist. lol

In fact, Ed wrote a loving tribute to Steve. Steve wrote that he wanted to watch his kids graduate before he died in which he did.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Nah.

He's more like a brand ambassador for UNSCRIPTED haha.

But mind you, his treatment of his daughter was quite the shitshow...

Ignored her a lot and didn't even give money support.

My Quora feeds have been firing lots of harsh news features on that area too much for my liking these days....
I don't know why. Is Quora having some kind of agenda in mind?
I find it very interesting that the fact that he never knew his biological father had always affected him yet he treated his first daughter like crap.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I thought it was funny that Steve never bought any furniture because he was such a perfectionist. lol

Another hilarious SteveJob-ism is.. read about his thoughts onLicense plates. He hated license plates and thought they made cars look tacky, so he did what any rational human being would do... he just never put them on. He found this loophole in California law where it was legal for you to drive around with no plates for 6 months from the date of purchase of a new vehicle. So what did he do? He, of course, just got a new one every 6 months. Every 6 months he would lease the same exact silver Mercedes SL and not have to put plates on it. When it came time that he would have to put plates on, he would just bring it back to the dealership and get another brand new one. Lmfao. At Apple it was famous because his parking spot always had a brand new Silver, plateless SL in it.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Steve Job's is great for nuggets like these.

I really like his Stanford speech. People just pick up on the 'do what you love' nonsense, but he said something else which is part of how Unscripted people think.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And, most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Last edited:

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Steve Job's is great for nuggets like these.

I really like his Stanford speech. People just pick up on the 'do what you love' nonsense, but he said something else which is part of how Unscripted people think.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And, most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
Steve Jobs was leading a class at Stanford in 1982. He asked them, "How many are you virgins? How many of you have taken LSD?"

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
That's amazing haha.
In 1984, Steve Jobs asked Coca-Cola Executive John Sculley, "Do you want to sell sugared water for the rest of your life or do you to change the world?"

Steve Jobs and Ed Catmull had a metting with Sun Microsystems CEO. Steve and the other CEO seemed to have a really great time. They laughing and joking with each other. Afterwards the CEO came up to Ed and said, " I don't like that guy. He has a huge ego." Steve then later went up to Ed and said, "I don't like that guy. He has a huge ego." Ed was puzzled over the fact that they saw big egos in the other person but not themselves.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.