The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Steak lovers?

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Cool idea, IMO. This is a niche market that has great potential, especially if you can generate traffic for people that want to buy knives or prime steaks by mail.

I went to the homepage and got tired of that many ads and wanted to run away... the graphics after the Notices box is just too much, same with the ads before the Stats. I realize you are not asking for input about the site but for the steak experiences, but thought my feedback may be of interest to you.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
thanks for the quick inputs guys. neverfastenough, are you using 3.01 ?

Regardless, that issue should be fixed. thanks for pointing that out.

In regards to all the affiliate links, I tried to find things that could be considered potential eyecandy to people that stop by.

I am a fan of keeping things clean, but at the same time I am questioning the realization that "most" people that search up these types of " niches"could care less about copy. I think the pics add eye candy, something that a content site with food MUST contain.

I look at competitors and recipe sites, 98% of them are affiliate and adsense crazy, but I look down and notice all the replies.

All in all, i appreciate all the feedback and will utilize these reco's.

If any of you have pictures of actual steak sessions, that would be awesome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Pardon my ignore and noob question, but how did you get those sponsor links on your site? Did you have to contact them or and ask permission or how does that work!

Nice job on taking action!

Sid23

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I like the idea. I hope it takes off. I'm also impressed with the recipe ideas and the amount that you already have listed. I think some backyard cooks will really enjoy those. Hopefully that will draw in some folks.

Some minor suggestions simply because I always like to give constructive criticism. The theme and colors of the forum seem bland. When I think steak, I don't think blue and white. Other then that, I hope you get some foot traffic to your site. Maybe even some start up restaurant folks looking for new ideas. ++

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
Pardon my ignore and noob question, but how did you get those sponsor links on your site? Did you have to contact them or and ask permission or how does that work!

Nice job on taking action!

Sid23

sign up to affiliate networks such as linkshare / google affiliates / affiliate bot etc... There are alot of networks, maybe some people here could mention.

I personally went to different sites related to my niche, and checked to see which networks took care of them. It was more time efficient for me that way rather than going to the network and looking for the companies.

Apply to the network, get approved, then toy around with the code they give you onto your own.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
I like the idea. I hope it takes off. I'm also impressed with the recipe ideas and the amount that you already have listed. I think some backyard cooks will really enjoy those. Hopefully that will draw in some folks.

Some minor suggestions simply because I always like to give constructive criticism. The theme and colors of the forum seem bland. When I think steak, I don't think blue and white. Other then that, I hope you get some foot traffic to your site. Maybe even some start up restaurant folks looking for new ideas. ++

thanks for the wishes. what colors do you think of? black/brown/red/beige?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
not liking the cuban cigar ad. I agree to change the colors a little. Looks good and looks promising.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I would make a few other accounts and make a few posts on there. Having 100 posts by admin just doesn't make people want to join.

In fact, I'd suggest that people from this forum join and comment to help get it started.

BTW, I couldn't figure out the quick reply, where are the quick reply icons.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
I would make a few other accounts and make a few posts on there. Having 100 posts by admin just doesn't make people want to join.

In fact, I'd suggest that people from this forum join and comment to help get it started.

BTW, I couldn't figure out the quick reply, where are the quick reply icons.

thanks. I will experiment with the color scheme tomorrow. If i am not mistakened, the quick reply is a mod that I have to install which will also be taken care of.

lol that would be optimal if fastlaner's joined, lot's of ip's visiting, no conversions yet. It's only been a week since it's launch, lots of crap to do still.

thanks again

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I like the new color scheme and the presentation. It is way better than your first attempt.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I like the new color scheme and the presentation. It is way better than your first attempt.

I agree. Great improvements. Now it looks less cookie cutter and more steak tailored.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
I really appreciate the jump start you guys have shown the forums. It's starting to move, a sign up here, a sign up there, and the presence of numerous trolling guests and spiders. I still have a long way to go in terms of concepts and aesthetics, but it will be where i want soon.

When mail order steaks start hitting my door step, I will send some out to you Fl's to "review". I will keep you posted.

p.s. yankees you tried any of those recipes yet? andviv, did you really get that henckels piece? if so.. nice!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
yes, actually I did... now I need to learn how in the heck to sharpen it correctly :eek:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
p.s. yankees you tried any of those recipes yet? andviv, did you really get that henckels piece? if so.. nice!
I haven't tried them yet. Haven't had steak since I joined, actually. I was on vacation and since I've been home, I've been stuck with the menu of whatever mi madre decides on for dinner. Since she almost always works in my dad's office, we usually take-for dinner.

Maybe I'll give one of the steaks a try tonight or tomorrow night. Thanks for the reminder. :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The quick reply box is still not working for me. Maybe I'm an idiot and just can't figure it out???

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
The quick reply box is still not working for me. Maybe I'm an idiot and just can't figure it out???

I believe you have to click on one of the icons to activate quickreply. As per the directions, if it is still an issue, please feel free to message me over there. Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.