The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stay safe Texas

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I know we have a few folks from Texas that are feeling Ike's fury. Please stay safe.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I live just north of Austin, and thankfully all we got was some gusts of wind (not even any rain). Lots of people from the Houston area are in shelters here riding out the storm. First aerial pictures of the area don't look good.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Yep. Houston and Galveston are in bad shape. People are not accounted for. We have gotten some wind and less than an inch of rain. The worst is over for us on the SW side of DFW.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why is it that hurricanes bring out the idiots? I was watching TV and they were showing some girl in a bikini and a beer who said she wasn't going to evacuate. Then there was the gal who said "we live on the second floor ... so if it floods we're good. If the roof flies off, were good." What planet are these dimwits from?

Anyhow, hopefully the casualties will be minimal as well as the damage.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Why is it that hurricanes bring out the idiots? I was watching TV and they were showing some girl in a bikini and a beer who said she wasn't going to evacuate. Then there was the gal who said "we live on the second floor ... so if it floods we're good. If the roof flies off, were good." What planet are these dimwits from?

Anyhow, hopefully the casualties will be minimal as well as the damage.

These people's IQ put together did not exceed the wind speed.

Did you see the footage of the idiot & company that stayed on a pier on Galveston Beach? It was a two story restaurant looking thing on a pier with some crummy living space above it. The whole bottom floor which was the restaurant fell into the ocean. They were lucky they were not all killed.

It does not show it in the video, but it looked really junky. I would be scared to stay on it in a thunderstom, let alone a hurricane.

Hurricane Ike - People Rescued from Pier « Weather Pictures and Video

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
...and this is interesting. HAHAHAHA!!

News Video On Demand | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas

post-1386-1221294600.jpg

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
What makes me mad about these idiots, is we foot the bill for the rescue. I really think they should start charging those folks for the rescue cost.

Anyway...its nice to hear our members are safe.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
We have a number of employees and properties in Houston. Everyone appears to be safe. All three properties sustained some level of damage though. The worst was brick wall siding that fell onto autos in the parking lot. We lost plenty of shingles and one area was stripped to plywood. All of our apartments remain habitable and no one was hurt that I know of.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
What makes me mad about these idiots, is we foot the bill for the rescue. I really think they should start charging those folks for the rescue cost.

Anyway...its nice to hear our members are safe.

Yeah, not to mention there was a mandatory evacuation in Galveston. All these people that they are now having to do a search and rescue for, were told they HAVE to leave and they refused.

They should be charge $5,000 for each person they have to rescue. If they can't afford to pay the fine, they should have to do volunteer work for the city to work off the fine. If they don't do the work, take away their drivers license.

The city drove through the streets with loudspeakers and busses and picked up everyone that could not afford the gas and lodging to evacuate. NOBODY had an excuse to not leave. They just refused.

I don't feel sorry for these hurricane idiots.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
We have a number of employees and properties in Houston. Everyone appears to be safe. All three properties sustained some level of damage though. The worst was brick wall siding that fell onto autos in the parking lot. We lost plenty of shingles and one area was stripped to plywood. All of our apartments remain habitable and no one was hurt that I know of.

Steve, I had not even thought about your apartments. Different wrinkle. Glad to hear the damage was slight. When the hurricane is coming, like Ike, what preparations do you take before the event? Are there any special instructions for the PM's?:cheers:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
In addition to Runum's question, does your insurance cover any/all of the damages?

Glad to hear the damage was minimal.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
A local digital TV station is running 24 hr Houston news (station 8.2 digital) up here in DFW. They are reporting Crystal Beach and the Bolivar Pen. were under water. That's a shame, they were nice places to visit.

2.2 million people in Houston now without ele, water, gasoline, or ice. Power lines down everywhere. Evacuees really don't need to come back. In Galveston they are still in rescue and recovery mode. Rescued 2000 stranded people by helicopter on the island.

There were some oil production platforms damaged. Ships are lined up to offload in the port and are not being allowed in.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Good news is that the number of deaths appears to be about 25. Considering how many people stayed on the island, that's real good.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.