The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting up

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Somerandomdude

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 26, 2022
Hello,Hope you guys are having a great week,I’m starting a car detailing Business not as a final business that I’m going to expand but just as a small business that is going to let me earn more than a job with less time,I don’t know how much should I charge and it’s my first time starting a business any advice you can give me ? Do you think it’s a good idea or not?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChetClarke83

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 11, 2022
Hello,Hope you guys are having a great week,I’m starting a car detailing Business not as a final business that I’m going to expand but just as a small business that is going to let me earn more than a job with less time,I don’t know how much should I charge and it’s my first time starting a business any advice you can give me ? Do you think it’s a good idea or not?
I would suggest doing some research in the quantity of detailers in your area and also trying to figure out the quality of service they provide. It requires some work. I’ve actually called up competitors and acted like I was a potential client to gauge prices and scope of service offered. See how you can differentiate yourself and add better value. For example cheaper pricing is one value skew, but it isn’t always the best. From a psychology standpoint with consumers, people perceive that if they are paying more, the service must be better. Just do your best with skewing value. Also figuring out your target market will be a good start as well because then that can help you figure out the best strategy for marketing and promotion. Do you plan to be a mobile detailer? Will you go to them? Are you willing to provide pick up and delivery of the cleaned vehicle to them if they are busy and pressed for time. Do you plan to just cater to auto dealership and car rental business, etc? Are you willing to also do larger vehicles? I think any business is a good start granted it isn’t over saturated, but even with that noted…….execution excellence is where it’s at. Good luck

Last edited:

ChetClarke83

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 11, 2022
I would suggest doing some research in the quantity of detailersin your area and also trying to figure out the quality of service they provide. It requires some work. I’ve actually called up competitors and acted like I was a potential client to gauge prices and scope of service offered. See how you can different yourself and add better value. For example cheaper pricing is one value skew, but it isn’t always the best. From a psychology standpoint with consumers, people perceive that if they are paying more, the service must be better. Just do your best with skewing value. Also figuring out your target market will be a good start as well because then that can help you figure out the best strategy for marketing and promotion. Do you plan to be a mobile detailer? Will you go to them? Are you willing to provide pick up and delivery of the cleaned vehicle to them if they are busy and pressed for time. Do you plan to just cater to auto dealership and car rental business, etc? Are you willing to also do larger vehicles? I think any business is a good start granted it isn’t over saturated, but even with that noted…….execution excellence is where it’s at. Good luck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.