The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting my Fastlane journey at 18

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
Hi guys! My name is Nick, I am 18 years old, living in central coast California.
I am currently starting my Business Management degree at a local community college (full ride). I have been interested in the Fastlane long before I knew what it was. I stumbled across this forum a few weeks ago, and all I can say is wow. The amount of information sitting in this forum is amazing! I have been reading TFL, and getting extremely motivated this past week. Yesterday, I said F*** it, time to make a shopify account. I have been following dropshipping for years now, just to hesitant to pull the trigger. I told myself, I would rather deal with failure then the mystery of never trying. I am currently building my first dropshipping store! (If anyone has any good threads or youtube videos on dropshipping feel free) Wish me luck on my journey, I know I will succeed eventually. When will I succeed? I guess only time will tell. Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
Update:
Opened my first store, it is a OPS in a niche that I believe has a lot of potential. Been designing the store layout etc all weekend. Created some Facebook ads, (6 adsets at 5$ a day targeting seperate interests to test my product) My ads were not approved by FB. Currently under review again, hopefully they will past this time and I can start getting some data into my Pixel.
For some reason, designing the store and making ad copy was way more interesting and exciting then the amount of projects I have due soon for finals. My priorities are mixed up right now but I think I am headed in the right direction.

DougeFreshAK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Apr 15, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Congrats on taking action. I’m sure you know the drawbacks of dropshipping. Lower margins, inventory control, quality control, shipping times, and low barrier to entry. Not saying it can’t be done but the obstacles are increased on this path. Every venture has his obstacles though.

This likely won’t lead you to Fastlane riches but what I do like is that your young and this will be a learning experience that you can apply moving forward to any business.

Best of luck.

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
Congrats on taking action. I’m sure you know the drawbacks of dropshipping. Lower margins, inventory control, quality control, shipping times, and low barrier to entry. Not saying it can’t be done but the obstacles are increased on this path. Every venture has his obstacles though.

This likely won’t lead you to Fastlane riches but what I do like is that your young and this will be a learning experience that you can apply moving forward to any business.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the input. I do know of the cons. For me, this is my way to take action, and to learn. Eventually, my goal has always been to own an ecommerce brand. Dropshipping is my gateway to bigger things :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...