The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

starting internet radio station

newtothis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 28, 2008
Hello,

I have told this to few of my friends, and didn't get a really good reply's.

My thought process:

I see a community, that is currently listening to some very crappy AM radio station.
They have very bad music, its old and its just boring.

I want to create a site that would target all of that community, and would offer a new better radio, but online radio.

I want to have a site that would allow local business to list their business there for free or for a small fee. Plus i want to create an online radio that would play, songs from all over the world, dance, techno some mixes. New new and interesting stuff.

I would add some interesting discussion topics, and would look for people/DJ's who would be interested to have any shows to play on it remotely. (like cooking classes, some activities, just world news, joke hours, etc)

The radio can be listened to online or on the phone.

I would try to generate revenue by selling commercial spots.

I have found a system that would support online steaming and phone streaming with lots of other features.

The only problem that i see, is music streaming. How do i determent the fees, if any. I want play a lot of remixes, i have a local dj who would play there.
But how do i find who do pay and how much?

Anyone has any experience in this field ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.