I have no experience with starting a business and am just learning my way around now but I've had a couple of good outcomes this week! And although I haven't made a lot of money and don't really have a solid business plan I still feel like I'm making progress!
I earnt my first few dollars online!
I joined UpWork this week and was able to get a small job writing a couple of SEO articles. It was paying $8 for 2 x 700 word articles so it's not Fast Lane by any stretch! But it's a start. I figure I'll be able to use the feedback to leverage some higher paying jobs and go from there. The UpWork jobs will be a bit of extra income for me while I work my 9-5. It is a step towards leaving the rat race because it would allow me to work from home or anywhere for that matter! Plus I'm also learning how to write for my blog or other business projects. And that leads to my second achievement:
I had 1400+ page views on my blog!
I have been writing on and off for the last year or so. This year I have committed to writing more frequently and last week I posted about a software product I use in my 9-5 job. I sent the page out to a email user list and received 5 comments along with the 1400+ page views! It's not a money maker at this point but it is providing value so I feel good about that. I'm obviously going to keep writing about this as it's something people seem to want to hear. I'll probably explain the idea in a bit more detail in a later post to get some feedback.
Basically I'm thinking that writing about this will lead to people seeing my as an expert which may lead to consulting work. There's also the opportunity to write some small tools to add features to the software we use which I may be able to either sell or else provide free but then consult to help get them setup. Lastly I may also be able to do some consulting work doing database reporting. There could be a real opportunity here so I'd like some feedback when I post more details here.
Just wanted to say thank you to all the people posting here for some of the excellent information and motivation, particularly the points about having the mindset of providing value to people.
I'll keep you all posted with how I go
Thanks again.
I earnt my first few dollars online!
I joined UpWork this week and was able to get a small job writing a couple of SEO articles. It was paying $8 for 2 x 700 word articles so it's not Fast Lane by any stretch! But it's a start. I figure I'll be able to use the feedback to leverage some higher paying jobs and go from there. The UpWork jobs will be a bit of extra income for me while I work my 9-5. It is a step towards leaving the rat race because it would allow me to work from home or anywhere for that matter! Plus I'm also learning how to write for my blog or other business projects. And that leads to my second achievement:
I had 1400+ page views on my blog!
I have been writing on and off for the last year or so. This year I have committed to writing more frequently and last week I posted about a software product I use in my 9-5 job. I sent the page out to a email user list and received 5 comments along with the 1400+ page views! It's not a money maker at this point but it is providing value so I feel good about that. I'm obviously going to keep writing about this as it's something people seem to want to hear. I'll probably explain the idea in a bit more detail in a later post to get some feedback.
Basically I'm thinking that writing about this will lead to people seeing my as an expert which may lead to consulting work. There's also the opportunity to write some small tools to add features to the software we use which I may be able to either sell or else provide free but then consult to help get them setup. Lastly I may also be able to do some consulting work doing database reporting. There could be a real opportunity here so I'd like some feedback when I post more details here.
Just wanted to say thank you to all the people posting here for some of the excellent information and motivation, particularly the points about having the mindset of providing value to people.
I'll keep you all posted with how I go
Thanks again.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
