The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting College Tomorrow.. (In The Middle Of A Start-Up)

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Hey guys, I am starting college tomorrow and I'm taking business courses 5 days a week. (This isn't my choice and my parents/family have pushed me into taking college no matter what due to the same old middle class thinking.)

Anyways, I am in the middle of launching my massive marketing campaign of 300,000 direct advertising materials for high income earning homes for my specific business. I really do believe in it and know it will work due to the many systems, processes, testing, research, analysis, etc. (The whole 9 years).

Basically my question is: Will I have time to manage my large marketing campaign and launching my business and juggle it with college if I have classes 5 days a week (2-4 hours of class per day)?

This goes for any business in general if (god forbid) this business was to fail. For example, for my next start up.

Any college going and running a start up at the same time type jugglers?

Thanks guys, I really hope I can kick this thing off and get out of college as I have never been a big fan of theory or letting an test score determine my faith (School system in general).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hey guys, I am starting college tomorrow and I'm taking business courses 5 days a week. (This isn't my choice and my parents/family have pushed me into taking college no matter what due to the same old middle class thinking.)

Anyways, I am in the middle of launching my massive marketing campaign of 300,000 direct advertising materials for high income earning homes for my specific business. I really do believe in it and know it will work due to the many systems, processes, testing, research, analysis, etc. (The whole 9 years).

Basically my question is: Will I have time to manage my large marketing campaign and launching my business and juggle it with college if I have classes 5 days a week (2-4 hours of class per day)?

This goes for any business in general if (god forbid) this business was to fail. For example, for my next start up.

Any college going and running a start up at the same time type jugglers?

Thanks guys, I really hope I can kick this thing off and get out of college as I have never been a big fan of theory or letting an test score determine my faith (School system in general).

I don't see why this should be that much of a problem. Lot's of businesses get their start during college years. This may teach you many things, time management, resource management, use of technology, etc. You will have more to contribute to some of your classes. Good luck.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
Agree with Runum. I'm starting tomorrow (I also have a full time job) and definitely have to improve my time management skills. Here are a couple of things I will be doing:

* Defining tasks/goals for the week each weekend
* Outsourcing non-essential but necessary tasks
* Considering the purchase of a bicycle to save time going from home to college, and viceversa

Chris_Willow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 8, 2012
EU
Depends on how smart you are and how tough the program is.
It might be hard at the beginning. However, once you figure out the system, you'll find some loopholes and ways to get through with minimal effort.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.