The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting again in Los Angeles

LifeControlled

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 26, 2017
Los Angeles, Ca
Hi All!

Just turned 36 in Los Angeles. I've been building my own businesses since I was 15. Had lots of failures until about 10 years ago I finally hit something that worked. From that idea I started a non-profit and was highly successful and an industry leader in my area of expertise. I was able to negotiate / attain a six figure operational grant from the US Government to manage one of the programs I designed. At the end of this month that grant ends and, for a variety of reasons, I'll be stepping down from the board and moving on to newer and hopefully better ventures.

I have decided I need to be in a for profit industry, and I want to work for myself. Running a non-profit was great but I don't want to be a salaried employee any longer. I want my income to be a direct product of the work I put in and I don't want it capped!

I am a tinkerer. I love website design and marketing, love playing with software & programs (often too my detriment as they can be time killers). I have at least 10 ideas right now and am working on kicking myself into gear to figure out which one to move forward with first, get a site up and get some sales coming in. I'm one of those people that doesn't like to "release" something till it is absolutely perfect, something I am actively working on getting over.

Because my personal life is filled with mostly underachievers I'm hoping to garner free advice, experience and comedic relief from the forums members.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of threads that deal with your specific area(s). This is a great forum and an interesting community, just start browsing...you never know what you'll find. Start with the GOLD threads and then those marked Notable. BTW, have you read the book?

Best wishes and Godspeed.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend, sounds like you'll fit right in around here. Love to hear about all your experience in the trenches.

LifeControlled

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 26, 2017
Los Angeles, Ca
Welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of threads that deal with your specific area(s). This is a great forum and an interesting community, just start browsing...you never know what you'll find. Start with the GOLD thread and then those marked Notable. BTW, have you read the book?

Best wishes and Godspeed.

I have not read the book yet but have ordered the Kindle version. I've put it next in my queue. :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...