robert slack
PARKED
- Joined
- Oct 18, 2012
- Messages
- 3
Rep Bank
$25
$25
I am considering creating a forum for technical writers but I have some questions about what I should expect.
My aim with this forum is not to make a lot of money. I think of this forum primarily as an opportunity to build my network and to create an audience for some ebooks I intend to write.
With that being said, I do believe that I can improve on the discussion boards that already exist.
To help me figure out if it's going to be worth my time, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the following:
Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!
My aim with this forum is not to make a lot of money. I think of this forum primarily as an opportunity to build my network and to create an audience for some ebooks I intend to write.
With that being said, I do believe that I can improve on the discussion boards that already exist.
To help me figure out if it's going to be worth my time, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the following:
- Technology: Can anyone recommend user friendly tools for managing a web forum? I am at the very initial stages and would welcome even the most basic advice.
- Level of effort: In your experience, how much time should I expect to devote to routine maintenance? Again: this effort is primarily about marketing. My time is limited and I need to be mindful of my opportunity costs.
- Monetization resources: You can find a lot of advice online about how to convert eyeballs to dollars, so it makes sense to talk to the professionals (you!) for advice on who to trust.
Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
